Monday, June 9, 2014

Happy Anniversary Card

"Is it yet another survival of jungle instinct, this hiding away from prying eyes at important times?  Or merely a gesture of independence, a challenge to man and his stupid ways?"
                                                                           ------------Micheal Joseph

Hi, Friends......

I'm back with another Sketch with a Twist from MFP.  This time the twist was to make an Anniversary card.  I knew exactly which stamp I wanted to use.  I absolutely adore this pair of kitties cuddling under the stars.  I have used it for anniversary cards before, but it has been a long while and this sketch was perfect for it. 

The Happy Anniversary stamp has a flower below the script, but I masked it out for this card.  I heat embossed both stamped portions.  

The cardstock is DCWV and Coredinations.  The polka dot cardstock is glittery, although you can't tell from the photograph.  It's from DCWV Twinkle Glints.  






Here's the sketch I used.  Thanks Mark's Finest Papers for all the great challenges you give us!!  They are so much fun.

Wow!  This was sure a short post.  But I think I covered pretty much everything.  Thanks for visiting and leaving your wonderful comments!!!

<3 
Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1.  MFP Speedy TV Sketch with a Twist #101 - Anniversary  

2.  Mod Squad Challenge - It's Happy Anniversary 
3.  Creative Corner Challenge - That Old Stamp  

4.  DRS Designs Challenge #125 - Pets R Us 
5.  Sailing Pineapple Challenge #5 - All Creatures Great and Small 

16 comments:

  1. What an adorable image; perfect for your anniversary card! Thank you for sharing with us at MFP Sketch With a Twist Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Vickie! Seeing as I have 20 cats, you would think I would make more cat cards. I do have quite a collection of kitty stamps, but I always seem to reach for my others. Not really sure why.... lol. Thanks for your visit and your sweet comment!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  2. Very nice card for an anniversary. Well done on your win with FOSTV last week. I agree that hummingbird set is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Janine! I am really excited to be winning some of MFP's stamps, although since it is a random drawing I can't take any real credit for it....only that I participated! :) Still, a random winner is a winner and I cannot wait for the stamps to get here!! Thank you for stopping by and leaving your nice comment!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  3. Love the layout & cat image! Thanks so much for joining our challenge at The Sailing Pineapple!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sharon!! I appreciate your visit!!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  4. Pretty CAS card! Thanks for joining us over at C.C. C.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shirl. My cards are often in betweeners.....not really CAS and not really anything else. Eeek! lol... Thanks so much for stopping by!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  5. This is such a perfect image for an anniversary card, especially for cat lovers. My niece and her husband would love this!! And their anniversary is later this month!! Thank you for playing along with us at DRS Designs this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like my card. Of all my cat stamps, this might be my very favorite. Happy Anniversary to your niece and hubby! Thank you for your visit and kind words!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  6. Aww...what a sweet image and PURRfect for an anniversary! ;) Thank you for playing along with us at Mod Squad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping in and leaving a sweet comment. That makes me purr, too!!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  7. Congrats - you won at DRS Designs! Nice card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for alerting me, Terri! I hadn't noticed that yet. Hugs to you, friend!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  8. You're right, this image is perfect for this layout and makes such a lovely Anniversary card. Love the colour choice too. Thanks for sharing with us on MFP's Sketch with a Twist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Christine!! I really appreciate your kind words. I have only been attempting sketches for a few weeks, but they are soooooooooooo much fun!!! MFP's challenges are terrific!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis