Sunday, June 8, 2014

Oh, Snap! A Beachy Belated Birthday Card

"There wanst was two cats at Kilkenny,
Each thought there was one cat too many,
So they quarrell'd and fit,
They scratch'd and they bit, 
Till, excepting their nails,
And the the tips of their tails, 
Instead of two cats, there warn't any."
                 ------Anonymous


Hi, Friends.....

I am back with a beach-theme card that was loads of fun to make.  Love this crazy crab and the humorous sentiment.  The stamps are from the Fresh-Squeezed Stamps Beachy Keen set that I won from them last year.  (Thanks, FSS!...We miss you now that you have closed your store to pursue other goals.)


















I tore some strips of DCWV patterned paper for my waves letting the torn part be the frothy breakers.  I spread glitter glue over the pieces to give them some sparkle and lifted the torn places for dimension.  The sand also has sparkle from a bit of glitter glue.




I had so much fun painting my crab with my waterbrush and watercolors!!  Ooops...I see this photo cut off one of his claws, but it will grow back.  Ha!

I cut my sentiment panel in an inverse curve to complement the contours of the beach umbrella and of my happy little crab.  I mounted my scene and sentiment on spring green cardstock and put it over some sparkly green mesh on a square blue card base.

Hope you like this whimsical card.  Love all your comments and would love for you to become a follower, if you are so inclined.  Thanks!!! Have a lovely rest of the weekend!

<3
Janis 

Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1.  MFP Friends of Speedy TV Challenge #127 - Beach
2.  Craft Your Passion Challenge #216 - Rip it, Tear it!  
3.  Fan-Tastic Tuesday Challenge #38 - Summer
4.  Shopping our Stash #154 - Critters 

5.  Pattie's Creations Challenge #93 - Birthdays

12 comments:

  1. Hi hun fabulous Summer card - thanks so much for linking up with us at Fan-Tastic Tuesday hugs Judith DT x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great summerfeeling card. Love the waves.
    Thanks for joining us at Craft your Passion.
    xxx Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Michelle. The waves were fun to make. :)

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandi, for dropping in!!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  4. Love the cute little scene you made! I have a bunch of thank you cards to make and you've inspired me to go look for some sketches for ideas. Now if I can just find the time....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christy is back home.......and ready to make cards!! :) Thanks for your sweet comment. We need another card-making afternoon!!!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  5. love, love, love your fabulous and clever beach scene, and especially that ADORABLE crab and his perfect sentiment! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (critter!) STASH with us this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so very much for your sweet comment! I just love that crab, also. He's so goofy and adorable. I just had to show him relaxing by the ocean in the beach chair and forgetting all abt someone's birthday. Hehehehe.... Thank you for stopping by!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis