Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Oriental Card with Perfect Pearls

"Some people say man is the most dangerous animal on the planet.  Obviously those people have never met an angry cat."
                                                                 -------Lillian Johnson

Hi, Friends......

Is it already time for another MFP Oriental Sketch Challenge????  I guess it is.  

But before I get on to my card, I want to thank Lis the StampSnob (lol....what a great username!!!) for becoming my newest follower.  Here's that ginormous new-follower smile, especially for Lis!!!  

:)))))))))))))))))))))))

And now about my card.....  Since I've been joining in with the super-fun MFP Oriental Sketch Challenges, I've kept my eye open for Asian looking things in my stash and in thrift stores (my favorite!!) and I keep them together in one craft box.  After I played with Perfect Pearls recently for this card, I had several leftover images and I thought this shimmery bird (stamp discontinued from Unity) looked suitably Oriental.  So I used it for this challenge, along with scraps from recent cards that may or not be recognizable to my casual reader.  
                                                 










Here's this week's sketch that I followed.  As you can see, I flipped it 90 degrees to make a horizontal card. 










Here's an angled shot so you see the lovely gleam of the Perfect Pearls.  Instead of the Perfect Medium that came with my PP, I used my el cheapo wimpy white stamp pad which is terrible as a white stamp pad, but wonderful as an embossing pad.  (Ha!  You get what you pay for!) I used the Biscotti pearl powder, because it always seems to show up as a pretty gold.....more so than the gold PP that I have!  (shrug...crafting is such a mystery!.....)


Other supplies I used:  DCWV cardstock - various, Graphic 45 scraps and Bird Song sticker, kind of a crinkly mulberry paper from my stash, and my favorite color of pearls - Want 2 Scrap - LeCreme.  This color seems to blend with so many of the color palettes I use.  Love them!!

Thanks so much for stopping by to see my card.  Your support by leaving comments and becoming followers means a ton to me!!!  Have a lovely day!

<3
Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1.  MFP Speedy TV Oriental Sketch Challenge #41
2.  FairyTale Challenge - Birdhouse / Nest 
3.  Clear it Out Challenge #17 - Anything Goes with Stash Twist - Anything Goes (I think I might prefer EVERYTHING goes...Ha!) 
4.  Hiding in my Craft Room Challenge #153 - Super Scraps Saturday

19 comments:

  1. Thats a very stuning card! I love the golden embossing on the blag bagground. Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge. xx Bianca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bianca! I was delighted to see that Fairy Tale Challenge had a birdhouse or nest challenge. Perfect for my image!! I appreciate your visit to my blog!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  2. Beautiful card!
    Thanks for joining us at the Fairy Tale Challenge.

    Andrea :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words, Zetti!!!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  3. Wow! Gorgeous image and card! Love the flip for your card and the Perfect Pearls on the image is beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at MFP Oriental Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vickie!! I think the flip worked really well for this card. Love those Oriental Sketch challenges!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous card! Thanks so much for joining us at Hiding in my Craft Room for our Super Scraps Saturday challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your sweet comment, Gracie!!!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  5. Just BEAUTIFUL!!! Love the pretty bird image. Great job on the sketch.
    Thanks so much for joining us this week at MFP/OSC.
    Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jane!! I appreciate your visit and your lovely comment!!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  6. The golden sheen to your bird is so lovely. It does look very oriental, especially with those colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lynn! I need to play with those Perfect Pearls more often. I love that shimmer!!! Thanks for your lovely comment.

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  7. GREAT card . . . and a GREAT take on the sketch, too!!! Thanks for joining us over at Hiding in My Craft Room this week for our Super Scraps Saturday challenge! Hope to see you again next week!

    Kathy - HIMCR DT
    UpintheNightwithKat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kathy. Your nice words are very encouraging to me!!! Thank you for taking the time to visit and to comment!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  8. Hi Janis Thank you for the welcome
    I tried your email on the side board but it won't send
    To go to MFP color challenge http://marksfinestpapers.blogspot.com at the top see challenges it will open choose color challenge Hope this helps...............Lis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for replying, Lis. I tried what you suggested. Last week's color challenge link is the latest one that shows up on that list for me. :(

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  9. Beautiful card. Love your take on the sketch. Perfect colors. Thanks so much for joining us at Clear It Out for our Anything Goes challenge.

    Emily T.
    DT Member

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emily,
      Thanks so much for your sweet comment and for taking the time to come visit. Hope you will pop in again soon!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  10. Beautiful color choices for this card. So elegant!

    Thanks for joining us at the MFP/OSC this week! Play with us again!
    kReN@afourthlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis