Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Masculine #3 - Navy - Congratulations

Going to the market........probably on someone's back porch.


"To some blind souls, all cats are much alike. To a cat lover, every cat from the beginning of time has been utterly and amazingly unique."                                                                            ---------------Jenny de Vries

Hi, Friends......

I'm back with yet another card for the MFP Speedy Fox and Friends Challenge - Masculine card with Navy Blue.  As I mentioned, I got super-inspired by this combination and had a lot of fun making this series of relatively unadorned cards!!!    




This time I used a new "Congratulations" embossing folder from my Darice - Phrases 3 Pack with that fabulous Core'dinations Heavy Weight cardstock I talked about here.   LOVE!!!!  I really noticed the difference in weights when I used my diagonal stripes embossing folder for the navy blue background.  It nearly cut through the blue cardstock.......and in fact a small corner tore off which I had to repair.  I didn't have any hint of that problem happening on my previous card using the heavy weight white.




To add a bit of shimmer, I had to use some of my favorite metallic color - GOLD!!  I placed a narrow strip from the DCWV Foiled Cardstock, which I got for 50% off at JoAnn's recently because it was dinged up a bit on the edges.  (Hey, it was already 40% off and so I told them I would buy this slightly damaged one if they would come down to 50% off.  They did!  Yay!!) Jennifer McGuire recommended this foiled cardstock on her site recently, saying a little goes a long way.  So instead of cutting a huge chunk to completely surround my greeting, I used one little slice.  Thanks, Jennifer!  I love the more restrained look for this masculine card.  

That's all for now.  I will switch gears a little bit for my next card as I help usher in Autumn.

<3
Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1.  MFP Speedy Fox and Friends Challenge #230 - Masculine - Navy
2.  Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge #8 - Anything Goes
3.  Word Art Wednesday Challenge #151 - Anything Goes with an Encouraging Sentiment
4.  Pile it On Challenge #38 - Shiny 

5.  City Crafter Challenge Week #230 - Focus on Sentiment

18 comments:

  1. Three......you've been a busy lady I love blue so this is a success for me ...............Thanks for playing with us at marks Finest Papers......Lis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lis. This navy blue has really appealed to me this week, too!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  2. Simply lovely ... Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by, Ros!!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! It's a really different style for me, but I enjoyed designing it.

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  4. Beautiful CAS card!! Thanks for sharing your talent with us this week at CCCB :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. CAS at it;s best and it;s gorgeous. And chic! Thank you so much for joiing us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate your kind words and you stopping in, Stella!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  6. Ooooh, this is really striking. That embossed sentiment is so classy looking with the gold foil edging! I know what you mean about some card stock weights barely handling the embossing folders because I have had some end up in tatters after embossing. I had seen embossing folders with sentiments on them but never considered getting any...but now that I've seen this beauty I've changed my mind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karen!! I'm glad to know my experience with the embossing folders cutting through is not just me!! It would be nice if Core'dinations put out their heavy-duty cardstock in a few other basic colors, too! Maybe I will write them about that.

      I, too, wasn't sure about the sentiment embossing folders, but since they were on such a good sale....I took a chance. Glad I did. The others in this set are more flourish-y, so I used this one with the more masculine font for my card. It looks like a card to send to someone who has just received their Masters or Ph.D. .....something very dignified! :)

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  7. Great card, I love the colour combo you have chosen.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Wednesday Challenge.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jo!! I am glad you stopped by!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  8. This is wonderful, Janis! Thanks so much for sharing with us and have a blessed week!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping in to see the blogs that enter the challenge. That's a ton of hopping!!! I appreciate your kind and encouraging words!!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  9. WONDERFUL CAS card!!
    Thank You for joining us at PIO!!
    Hope to see you again!
    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bethie!!! That is so sweet of you to stop by!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis