"With their qualities of cleanliness, discretion, affection, patience, dignity, and courage, how many of us, I ask you, would be capable of becoming cats?"
Second post of the evening, here, with an easy mailer and sort of a mixed media card using the card candy I made a few days ago. This time I wrapped some shimmery twine around the vellum pouch to dress it up like a Christmas present. Sweet, huh? I think so!!! Ha!
I wanted a dreamy, nostalgic look to this one that goes so well with the vellum, so I dredged out a piece of glossy cardstock from that ill-fated cling wrap technique several months ago. Not only was I able to salvage those backgrounds by transferring onto watercolor paper, I also transferred some onto additional sheets of (that ridiculously expensive) glossy photo paper (that I bought at a fantastically inflated price down in our little tiny town in the valley....but at least they had some!!!). This is one of those pieces. :)
I heat embossed some Mark's Finest Papers snowflake images, from the Calendar set, with some clear shimmery embossing powder. You can see them better in this photo below. I attached my shaker bundle with Beacon 3-in-1 and added a few soft foam snowflakes. I finished it off with some dots of....yes, you guessed it....silver glitter glue. (I can't seem to keep away from it on Christmas cards!!)
I love the dreamy soft colors and textures of this card. Reminds me of Christmas cards and memories of days gone by. I love this card also because it is an easy mailer. But tell me, do you think it looks too much like a present floating in outer space or in the outer atmosphere or something???? [Meet George Jetson...with a present for....Jane, his wife.] After I got it done, I wondered about that. lol....
As always, thanks so much for your lovely comments. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!!
Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Good Ol' Days
2. Vandicrafts Artistry Challenge #16 - Anything Goes
3. MFP FOSTV Challenge #144 - Include a Moving Element
4. Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge #202 - Keep it Flat
5. Wow! Embossing Powder November Challenge - Multi-Media
6. I am also putting this card on the Day 3 - Watercolor Class gallery for the Online Card Classes - Holiday Card Workshop 2014. I was inspired by Kristina's card with the lovely watercolor background and use of the dots of Stickles.