Sunday, March 29, 2015

Happy Easter - Use Stamp Different Ways


If we treated everyone we meet with the same affection we bestow upon our favorite cat, they, too, would purr.
                                                                             -------------------Martin Delany


Hi, Friends....

I'm here with a quick post to share a card I made inspired by the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Use a Stamp Multiple Ways.

I used my brand-new Studio 490 Build a Blossom stamp set to stamp my flower and my leaves on watercolor paper and heat embossed with white.  Then I watercolored them with Distress Inks:  Picked Raspberry and Evergreen Bough.  I apologize for the poor photography.  The leaves are very pale, but not thaaaaaat pale!!!  You can see them a bit better in the photo below.

I used the same leaf stamp as a background stamp in my sentiment panel, also using Evergreen Bough ink.


I used some pieces from my DCWV - The Solstice stack for backgrounds on both panels. I also put a piece of vellum behind the flower and leaves to mute the patterned paper color a bit.


Here you can see my sentiment panel with the stamp used as the background.  I inked up the stamp and then misted it slightly.  I stamped off on some other paper first, and then stamped it multiple times for this piece.

The sentiment is from a retired set from Clear Dollar Stamps - Easter Blessings.  

Hope you like my card, despite the poor photos.  I edited this post to add some more challenges!
See you later..........and have a great week!

<3
Janis


Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenge(s):
1. Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Use a Stamp in Multiple Ways
2. Simon Says Stamp Work it Wednesday - March 2015 - Stamping
3. Wow! Embossing Powder March 2015 Challenge - Mood Board - Spring


4. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
5. DL.Art Thankful Thursday #153 - Easter (alt Thank You)
6. Hiding in my Craft Room Challenge #193 - Any Holiday

14 comments:

  1. This is stunning! Thank you for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!! - Ashli :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I appreciate you stopping by on your rounds!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  2. Heat embossing then watercoloring is one of my favorite techniques to use. Your flower came out lovely! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lucy!!! I love that technique, too.

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  3. A lovely card. I love how you've used the stamp for the background. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Liz! I liked how that worked out as a background, too. I tried doing a background with the flower stamp.....DISASTER!! Ha. This worked a lot better!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  4. Very pretty. I like your use of vellum and the stamp as the background for the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sue! I sure have been seeing you in the winner's circle a lot lately! Yay!!! I appreciate your lovely comments!!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  5. Awesome work! I love the different ways you stamped this! The vellum was a great touch too!
    xxDaniella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Daniella!!! I started prepping pages on my first art journal the other day!!! Hooray!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  6. Beautiful card, great flower and colors. Thank you for joining us this week at HIMCR.

    Sue - HIMCR DT
    http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The flower on this card is lovely , your coloring is so nice ......good job................Lis

    ReplyDelete
  9. how pretty, and beautifully shaded, Janis! love your card! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis