Wednesday, April 8, 2015
Birthday Card #3 - Becoming Bokeh - Friends with Flair 4-10
"In its flawless grace and superior self-sufficiency I have seen a symbol of the perfct beauty and bland impersonality of the universe itself, objectively considered, and in its air of silent mystery there resides for me all the wonder and fascination of the unknown."
I am here with card #3 in my Birthday Card Marathon for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Happy Birthday. Their Wednesday Challenge is 6 years old and they are giving away 6 prizes this week. Crazy, huh? Yah, I know....
This card is the only one of the five using a different embossing folder. This time I used my Darice - Swirly Circles folder. I first used my daubers like round stampers with my Distress Inks and made what I think looks like a bokeh effect. Do you? I am not usually big on bokeh, but I just LOVE how I accidentally stumbled on how to do it!!
After dry embossing my background, I sprayed it with some Perfect Pearls shimmer mist in the original flavor...lol... Then added a simple birthday sentiment from a Unity grab bag. I will edit this post on Friday to enter the Unity Friends with Flair.
This angled shot shows the shimmer and texture a little bit better. I really love how this card turned out.
Okay....three cards posted. On to the next. I will line up a few more challenges for this tomorrow, but for now I am in a hurry to get all my cards posted. :)
See you soon!!!
Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Happy Birthday
2. Scrappin' Great Deals Mood Board Challenge - I was inspired by the pink and blue flowers together in the lower left.
3. Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - A is for.....Accidentally discovering a new effect with my daubers!!!
4. Craft Stamper Take It Make It April Challenge - Technique: Color
5. Design Memory Craft April 2015 Challenge - Creativity - Creativity to me is experimenting around and accidentally discovering a new effect...like my bokeh!!
6. Unity Stamp Co. Friends with Flair Link Up