Thursday, June 4, 2015

Baby Girl Card with Pink Giraffe


I bet that kitty *had been* asleep there, but woke when the camera came in range!  They always do that!!!  Arrgh

"There are few things in life more heartwarming than to be welcomed by a cat." 
                                                                             -------------Tay Hohoff


Hi, Friends.....

This is the first of 2 posts today so please check in later for another.  :)  




This card was inspired by the pretty colors in the current Waffle Flower Challenge.






 
I have gone a wee bit non-traditional with this baby card for a little girl, but I don't think a pink giraffe is too far out there.  (Mostly, I just hope it doesn't look like I was on some sort of strange trip!!!!  Ha.)  The sweet little giraffe image, from Mark's Finest Papers - Above the Rest, is stamped with Smokey Gray Tsukineko - Versafine Ink.  I colored her by swiping my waterbrush across my Crayola Watercolor Pencils.  Love how she turned out!!




I used one of my favorite techniques of layered embossing that I learned from a Mark's Finest Papers tutorial last year.  It was just the ticket to go with their sketch challenge this week:  

Other products used include:  Darice - Flowers and Vines Pattern embossing folder, scraps of DCWV patterned paper, sequins and ribbon from my stash.

Hope you like how this card turned out.  I think it is sweet.  Awww....

*********************************************
NEW FOLLOWER INTRODUCTION TIME!!!!
*********************************************
Hooray!!!!  A huge thank you for helping me reach my recent goal of................
100 Followers!!!!!!

I topped 100 with 3 new followers this last week and I am very excited because that means a soon-to-come giveaway!!!  I just put in a JoAnn.com order for some wonderful products that I think you will like.  I ordered one of each for me AND for a lucky winner....so we can celebrate together!!!  Be watching for my giveaway announcement when they arrive. (It sometimes takes my JoAnn orders awhile to find their way to rural Idaho!  Ugh...)  

So help me welcome my latest followers............

Bananastamper AKA Shanna of The Stamping Banana has a real eye for adding that arty touch to her cards and projects.  I met Shanna through Unity Friends with Flair and I always enjoy seeing her lovely cards with blended watercolors and gorgeous color combos.  Thanks so much, Shanna, for becoming #100 on my sidebar!!!  I appreciate it so much!!!  This extra special ginormous smile is for you!!!

:)))))))))))))( 100!!!! )))))))))))))

Teresa Doyle from Nova Scotia is my next new follower.  Teresa left a wonderfully touching comment on my last post which really meant a lot to me.  I could not find a blog or gallery for you, Teresa.  But I would love to share a link with others, if you want to email me or leave a link in the comments.  Teresa also chose to follow by email as well as by Google Friend Connect.  I am deeply honored whenever someone allows my posts to be delivered directly to their inbox.  Thank you so much for becoming a follower!!!!  Here is a ginormous new-follower smile for you!!!
:)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) 


Next up is neve4everr.......and I can't find a blog or gallery for this lovely new follower, either.  I wish I could do a better intro, so please leave me a comment or send me a note if you would like me to share a link with others!!  Thank you so very much for becoming a follower!!!!  Here is your personal ginormous smile!!!
 :)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) 

As always, I am thrilled that each of you comes to visit my blog. Your awesome comments fill my heart with a song!!! 

<3
Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Waffle Flower Challenge May 25 - June 7
2. MFP - Speedy Fox & Friends Challenge #264
3. Pixie's Snippets Playground Weeks 178-179 - Use snippets
4. DL.Art June Linky 

12 comments:

  1. Your card is adorable! The giraffe is perfect for a baby card. Thank you for sharing with us at MFP Speedy Fox & Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your 100 followers. Love thst cute giraffe. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the giraffe is perfect for a baby card. Especially if you are giving the card with the iconic Sophie the Giraffe toy. Every mother in Canada recognizes the giraffe as a teething toy. Is Sophie used in other countries? Anyways, I totally got it. Thanks so much for sharing with us at MFP's Speedy Fox and Friends.

    Congrats on your 100 followers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, this pink giraffe is wonderful! Not too far out at all and just perfect for a little girl card. The sweet little bow makes her even cuter and I love the way you shaded her with what looks like pale brown or tan to give her dimension. The layered embossing gives it texture and those sequins add sparkle and shine. This card is waaaaaay past adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwh Love the pink love the giraffe sweet card.........Lis

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable card with the sweet giraffe! Great use of the sketch. Thanks for playing this week at MFP/SF&F challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet card for a little baby girl. Thank you for sharing with us at MFP Speedy Fox & Friends Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable! Thanks so much for joining us at the Waffle Flower Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE this card Janis! So pretty!

    Well done on the 100 followers too - a real milestone.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Janis!! So cute!! Congrats on your milestone!!Thanks for playing along with us at the Waffle Flower Craft Photo Inspiration Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the giraffe card. The three panel sketch works well with it. TFS, Janis!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis