"The cat has been described as the most perfect animal, the acme of muscular perfection and the supreme example in the animal kingdom of the coordination of mind and muscle."
------ Roseanne Ambrose Brown
There are so many fun events happening in the papercrafting blogosphere right now that it is tough to pick and choose which ones I have time to do! But I scrambled around to get in on Pretty Pink Posh's Watercolor Blog Hop. You can, too!! The link-up is open through Monday (June 8) evening.
Watercolor is such a fun and varied category that always gives such lovely results. Who can resist playing with it?? A hop like this gives me a great excuse to try some new genres and styles. So I made a masculine grunge-style graduation card for my first hop entry.
I dabbed Distress Ink pads in Black Soot, Fired Brick, Spiced Marmalade and Mustard Seed on my craft mat and misted with water then smooshed my mixed media paper down onto it. After it was dry I splattered it with some drops of water. I added some strips of washi tape and stamped a Unity sentiment with Onyx Black Tsukineko - Versafine Ink. (This stamp was from a grab bag, but I tracked it down to be part of Unity's Aug 2014 KOM.) I love this sentiment for a graduation card...don't you?
After getting that far, I realized how grunge this was looking so I decided to add some texture stamping. I don't really have very many texture stamps so I grabbed a scrap from my DCWV Burlap Paper Stack leftover from a number of recent projects and dabbed Black Soot DI on it and pressed the scrap onto my paper.
The texture of the burlap added exactly the look I wanted!! :) What do you think????
By the way, everyone......I have a GIVEAWAY this week to celebrate this Watercolor Hop AND the summer Coffee Lovers Hop.
|You can win this stamp!!!!|
Here's how to enter my GIVEAWAY:
1. Comment on this or ANY of my Watercolor Hop or Coffee Lover Hop posts by 11:59 pm PDT Friday, June 12, 2015.
2. Please leave your email address with your comment. If I do not have a way to contact you, I will select a different winner. I would be so sad for you to miss out!!
3. I will announce the winner on Saturday, June 13th.
Okay, that is all for this post. Be watching for more of my watercolor entries today and tomorrow, and my coffee lovers entries during the week! :)
Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following hops and challenges:
1. Pretty Pink Posh Watercolor Blog Hop
2. The Male Room Challenge #11 - Use Washi Tape
3. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Make it Masculine
4. Words 2 Scrap By Challenge #18 - It's a Man's World
5. DL.Art Thankful Thursday Challenge #157 - Father's Day/For a Man
6. The Paper Girls Challenge #81 - Father's Day/ Masculine
7. Unity Friends With Flair Link-Up