Monday, June 8, 2015

Sparkling "Hello, Friend" Watercolor Blog Hop




"I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior." 
                                                                                         ---------------Hippolyte Taine


Hi, Friends.....

I am here with my third entry into Pretty Pink Posh's Watercolor Blog Hop.  


Paulina has done an amazing job....as have all the sponsors, designers, and entrants!!!  Don't you just LOVE watercolor effects!??!!

 

I also am entering this card in the latest Waffle Flower Challenge using some of the colors from the palette of this wonderful inspiration photo:




I tried something a little different with this card.  I stamped my flowers from the Stamper's Anonymous Wendy Vecchi Build a Bloom Stamp It Stencil It set with Distress Inks in Picked Raspberry and Salty Ocean onto my Core'dinations heavy duty white cardstock and misted it with water.  Well.......I was not impressed with my results.  The images were more blurred than I wanted.  So what is an embossing lunatic like me to do???  Dry emboss it!!!  I ran it through my machine with my Darice - Dandelion folder.   Ahhhh....now that turned it into something I like!


My sentiment is from the Waffle Flower - Flower Circles stamp set.  I stamped it on a scrap of white cardstock in Picked Raspberry and carefully traced around the words with a ultra-fine black marker for definition.  Then I colored over it with my clear glittery Wink of Stella pen.  Love the sparkle!!


I wrapped some shimmery pink synthetic raffia around the background.  Then I matted the sentiment panel on a leftover scrap of pink and mounted it on foam squares. I really love these colors.....it has pink, you know!  :)  And I hope you like it, too!!!

Don't forget that I have a GIVEAWAY currently going on to celebrate this Watercolor Hop AND the summer Coffee Lovers Hop.


You could win this stamp!!!!

Here's how to enter my GIVEAWAY:
1.  Comment on this or ANY of my Watercolor Hop or Coffee Lover Hop posts by 11:59 pm PDT Friday, June 12, 2015.
2.   Please leave your email address with your comment.  If I do not have a way to contact you, I will select a different winner.  I would be so sad for you to miss out!!
3.  I will announce the winner on Saturday, June 13th.  

Thank you for coming to visit.  I hope to see you again soon!!!

<3
Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following hops and challenges:
1. Pretty Pink Posh Watercolor Blog Hop

2. Waffle Flower Challenge June 8-21
3. Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - For the Love of Plants

4. Pixie's Snippets Playground Week 180

13 comments:

  1. wow, the layers in the background are just wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, first, I LOVE that picture of your kitty!!! Mind if I put him on my desktop?!!
    Next, love the fab watercolored and embossed background!
    Third, thanks for the blog candy offer! dcomer1 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I love that background! Dry embossing it adds that second layer of interest but I'm thinking it would have been beautiful with just the water color effect as well. I had to chuckle when I saw the synthetic raffia , as I also have a small stash of that stuff too...as you are aware! It looks amazing in the deep pink and coordinates perfectly with your lettering! Oh, and is that little tabby kitten the cutest thing ever or what?!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you "saved" this my embossing.
    slrdowney at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice - love that you continued...I probably would have started again :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another very pretty background A lovely card..............Lis

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful watercolour - love the idea of embossing it! Thanks for the awesome giveaway!
    fitkitty1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so pretty. Love the hint of colour on the embossed background. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful card! The colors are fabulous! Thank you for sharing your card with us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. It was a pleasure visiting your blog!
    Thanks again! ~Michelle
    http://www.michellezerull.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty! Love your background! Thanks for joining us at the Waffle Flower Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis