Friday, July 24, 2015
Best of Luck - FWF 7-24
I am here with a quick post for this week's Unity - Friends with Flair link-up. This time I made a masculine card using a Unity grab bag "Best of Luck" stamp and some tickets from a roll I found at a thrift store. Fun, huh?
I wanted to give the impression of a long-forgotten wall with layers of peeling wallpaper and some tickets that had been hung there years ago. I heavily distressed and layered some scraps of patterned paper and some corrugate. I even found a place for some crumpled-up gold punchinella which I tucked amongst the layers. (I am soooooo glad to use it. That piece has loitered about my craft table for months from a failed experiment!!) I think the metallic gold provides just the right amount of shine without looking too girly. What do you think?
Other supplies used include:
Distress Ink - Brushed Corduroy, Aged Mahogany
Versafine Ink - Olympia Green
Little brad from my stash
By the way.....I have not forgotten that I promised a giveaway and I have not forgotten that I have some new followers to introduce. Things have just been too crazy around here for me to get on here very much lately. Hopefully I can post those things this coming week!!!
Thanks so much for stopping by. Your visits and comments mean a lot to me!!
Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Unity - Friends with Flair Link-Up
2. Pixie's Snippets Playground Week 186
3. Power Poppy Power & Spark Challenge - Hang Some Paper
4. Hiding in my Craft Room Challenge #208 - LOL (Lots of Layers)
5. Little Scrap Pieces Show it Off Saturday
6. Craft Stamper Take It, Make It Challenge - Take a Stamp
7. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Sparkle and Shine