Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Easter - With Embossing Techniques Background

Not sure how they got these kitties to stay in there!



 



Hi, Friends.....

I am here to share a card I made back at Easter time but hadn't ever posted.  Recently, I was asked to give a little workshop on dry embossing to a 4H family that was doing Cardmaking.  I had sooooooooo much fun and this is one of the cards I took to show them what you can do with dry embossing.








 




I used two techniques for dry embossing on this card.  For the cross, I inked my Darice - Faith Words in Cross folder with Distress Inks and misted it before putting in my white cardstock.  I cut around the cross after the piece was completely dry.

















For the floral background piece, I die cut scraps of patterned paper with my Sizzix Originals - Build a Lilac Die and glued the flowers onto my cardstock, and then I embossed it with my Darice - Cherry Blossom folder.  After that, I double embossed it by brayering some Versamark over the surface and heat embossing with white powder.




















Some pretty Prima and Petaloo flowers (with rhinestone and sequin centers) and scraps of patterned paper for background panels finished up this card.  I love the cool spring-like colors on this card.  It reminds me of the fresh, rain-kissed look and smell of flowers after a spring shower.  Can you tell I am wilting in the heat and dreaming of cooler days????  :)  

I hope everyone is staying safe in the heat.  There are bad fires in our area.....over 100 individual lightning strike fires in the last 24 hours.....and more storms in the forecast.  Right now, my daughter is helping a place where she works get ready to evacuate.  I don't think it will threaten our house, but I pray it stays away from other people's homes, too.

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving all your wonderful comments!!!

<3
Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. DRS Challenge #186 - Dry Embossing
2. Pixie's Snippets Playground Week #189 - Use Snippets
3. Inspired by Stamping Inspiration Challenge #96 - Floral Pattern Inspiration 
4. Word Art Wednesday Challenge #196 - Anything Goes Family Friendly
5. Mod Squad Challenge Blog - Heat Embossing

13 comments:

  1. A gorgeous card, I love the design of all the textures.

    It must be worrying to have so many local fires because of the weather in your area. Stay safe. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute kitty photo, Janis, and beautiful Easter Card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute your kitties are!!!
    Your card is full of texture with beautiful embossing!
    Take care and stay safe.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So great of you to share your talent with others Janis and the card is really special with the embossed and shaded cross. Love this and I am so glad you joined us in the DRS Designs Challenge! Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this--I pinned it to my church card making board. I also like the cats in bunk beds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful embossing there Janis, a really beautiful Easter card. It must be worrying with fires so close - stay safe!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty. I love the embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the layers and the embossing tons of texture.......Lis

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is BEAUTIFUL! I am in LOVE with the amazing background piece you made--it's fabulous! Thank you for joining us at Inspired By Stamping! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Janis! Your card is beautiful - love the background and the pretty embossing. It's a wonderful card for Easter.
    Thanks for visiting my blog and have a wonderful weekend! {hugs}

    ReplyDelete
  11. How awesome are you? Teaching your wonderful crafty tricks and sharing what you know is sooooo generous and rewarding! This card is just absolutely stunning! I giggled when I saw the title of the post in my inbox. Easter was months ago, but I love how you mix it up and keep your blog always interesting! Again, amazing work!
    Please keep safe! I will be thinking about you!! *and i am so sick of summer too!*
    xxDaniella

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how lovely. Your colors are beautiful, and I love the heat embossing on the patterned paper background. Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for playing along this week at the Mod Squad Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  13. I somehow missed seeing this gorgeous card and that would have been a shame because it's so beautiful! The embossed cross, matted on blue and inked, is a spectacular centerpiece. Those patterned paper floral die cuts, that are then embossed with an embossing folder, add wonderful texture to the background without overwhelming your central element. Anyone who received this card would treasure it for a long time, wow!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis