I am here with a sympathy card I was asked to make a while back and hadn't ever posted. It was for a gentleman in our community who had lost two close family members in a short period of time. I made it big enough so it could be passed around at church for anyone to sign that wished to send heartfelt messages.
I used a large panel from an old DCWV Photo stack and cut it into three pieces for a window effect. The sentiment panel and mat beneath are scraps that I die cut with my Sizzix - Fancy Labels Dies set. I used Core'dinations cardstock for the mat so I could dry emboss it (Darice - Interlocking Circles folder) and sand it to bring out the design. The sentiment is from my Verve - Scripture Medley 2 stamp set.
It was a challenge to use ribbon on the card and still look appropriate for a man. I layered my blue raffia (before I was down to my last scrap!) over some sheer brown ribbon to help it not get lost amongst the busy print. I was pleased with the look for a masculine card. What do you think?
The ribbon was wrapped completely around the card front and covered on the inside with a blue liner with lots of room for writing greetings. I really like how the card turned out.
That's all for right now. I hope to be back later with some more cards. See you then..........
Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. The Male Room Challenge #23 - Remembrance or Sympathy
2. Word Art Wednesday Challenge #210 - Anything Goes Family Friendly
3. Pixie's Snippets Playground Week #203 - Use Snippets
4. Country View Challenge # 33 - November - The Color Blue
5. Crop Stop November Challenge - Anything Goes + Use a brand CS carries (I used Core'dinations and Sizzix)
6. Crafty Gals Corner Challenge #46 - Use Scraps
7. Craft Rocket Challenge #4 - Add a Sentiment