Blogger is giving me fits tonight, but I'm here to share my very first box card....if all goes as planned! Warning: my formatting is waaaaaaaay off because of this Blogger weirdness. Arrgh.
I was inspired by the tutorial challenge over at Mark's Finest Papers and followed the fun instructions for making the pop-up box card here.
I used DCWV patterned paper for the decorative background panels. There is another coordinating pattern covered up by the flaps hanging down. You'll see it later....
I love the vintage look of these festive images, so I decided to add a little bit of cotton fluff behind the panels. This reminded me so much of old decorations from when I was a child that used cotton for snow. It seemed to go with the images.
Since this is for a Mark's Finest Papers challenge, I used some of their images, too. I pulled out the PEACE from the Mark's Finest Papers - Crisp Winter stamp set. (This is a lovely set that I need to showcase sometime. It is just stunning.)
I teamed the Peace with a fun little sentiment from my Mark's Finest Papers - Silly Shells stamp set: Glad TIDEings. :) The Silly Shells is a beach image set but I turned this around and, wonky spelling and all, used it on a Christmas card. :) I added a little snowflake from my Mark's Finest Papers - Calendar stamp set that maybe looks like a little starfish to go with the TIDEings. (Okay, maybe not.... lol...)
|Collapsed. Now you can see the other patterned paper.|
The cool thing about these pop-up box cards is they collapse and fit flat into an envelope!!! Yay!!
I don't know why my camera isn't focusing well lately. I hope you can see my photos well enough. I will have to see what's going on with it. Ugh...
Hope you enjoyed the card. It was a lot more fun to make than to post on here!!!! :)
Thank you for the honor of entering this box card in the following challenges:
1. MFP Tutorial Challenge - I followed the pop-up box card tutorial
2. Double Click Connections - Use a Snowman
3. Pixie's Snippets Playground - Use Snippets
4. Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes Family Friendly
5. DL.Art Thankful Thursday - Use Red/Green or Blue/White alt. Thank You
6. The Paper Girls - Christmas
7. Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Holly Jolly Days
8. Penny Black at All Sorts - Anything Goes must stamp
9. Paper Issues - Christmas
10. Addicted to Stamps Challenge - Christmas
11. Choux Choux - Christmas/Winter
12. Amusing Challenge - Let it Snow
13. Craftin Desert Divas - Christmas Linky