Do you ever have a card where you try some new technique and it doesn't work at all???? So you improvise and turn it into something completely different??? Well this is that card. I won't embarrass the talented artist who had suggested the original technique that I utterly failed at by telling you who it was and what I *tried* to do!! lol.... Suffice it to say that there is very little that cannot be saved by heat embossing and distress ink sponging!! :)
I used some more stamps from my new Unity - Smile, It's Your Day. The sentiment just cracks me up: "Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth." I made this wacky card for a friend with a birthday this week. I hope she thinks it's as funny as I do!!
I stamped the flowers in DI Broken China on white cardstock. Then I stamped over the top a Unity lacy patterned background stamp with white pigment ink and heat embossed with clear sparkle powder. Then I sponged with DI Seedless Preserves and Spun Sugar, keeping the middle area pale for the sentiment. I used Versafine Onyx Black for the sentiment and heat embossed it with clear powder again. Since I stamped the words over the initial embossing, it is a bit uneven. It didn't photograph well, but it is readable IRL. I added some sequins and a blue bow and then mounted it on a patterned paper covered A2 card base.
I really love how this turned out......despite my initial problems! I adore the subtle lacy pattern of the emboss resist!!! Hope you like how it turned out, too!!
Thanks for stopping by. There are sure a lot of things going on in the papercrafting blogs right now....sneak peeks, CHA releases, etc. Have you been commenting like crazy like I have??? I can spend hours browsing all the new offerings!! "Supper? As in a meal? You actually want me to cook???? Bwahahahahaha!!! Be right there (in an hour or two...)"
Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Unity Designer Hop-Along
2. Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Something New (I used a new stamp set, and made something new out of a failed technique attempt.)
3. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Something New (I used a new stamp set, and made something new out of a failed technique attempt.)
4. Amusing Challenge - New (I used a new stamp set, and made something new out of a failed technique attempt.)
5. Inspired by Stamping Inspiration Challenge #101 (I used the colors)
6. Double Click Connections Challenge - Use a Flower