Monday, March 7, 2016

"Faith is..." Butterfly Card


Hi, Friends.....

I am back with another butterfly card for Mrs. A's Butterfly Challenge with the prompts of Butterfly + G is for Glitter and/or G is for Grape. Do you love purple like I do? Oh, yum! What a gorgeous color!!! And glitter? Oh, I am in raptures!!
(I'll be sweeping this stuff up for the next 6 months! Ha.)




I also used the fabulous Week 1 Viva la Verve sketch for March. I just LOVE this sketch! It's perfect for using scraps......which I did! All the papers I used for this card were from my scrap bag. Yay!!!
I used my Verve - Scripture Medley 2 stamp set for the lovely scripture verse, which I stamped with Altenew Crisp Dye Ink in Deep Iris.


I used a pearly piece of purple paper (didn't mean to do all that alliteration...ha!) which I dry embossed with my Darice - Floral and Butterfly Background folder. I "painted" some glue into selected parts of the purple panel and sprinkled on some silver glitter for some sparkle. It's a little hard to tell, but the floral panel is also sparkly.

I die cut my square panels with my My Favorite Things Die-namics - Stitched Square STAX die set and used some shiny purple butterfly stickers that I might have possibly...um...errr..."borrowed" from my 5-year old granddaughter! lol...
(Please tell me I am not the only one who absconds with craft supplies from the youngsters! Ha.) The tips of the wings of the upper butterfly were blue, instead of green, so I used an lime-green ultra-fine Sharpie to make it green. It was still a bit too emerald, so I colored over it again with yellow. I like this color much better for my card.

I made a second card just like the first with shiny silver butterfly confetti pieces, instead of the purple butterfly stickers. Which do you like better? I think I like the purple butterflies better.



Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. I appreciate you taking time from your busy day to stop by. It means a lot to me!! Have a lovely week!

<3
Janis


Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Mrs. A's Butterfly Challenge #49 - Butterfly + G is for Glitter and/or Grape
2. Week 1 Viva la Verve sketch for March
3. Simon Says Stamp Work it Wednesday February Challenge - Use Florals
4. Word Art Wednesday Challenge #221 - Anything Goes Family Friendly
5. One Crazy Stamper March Challenge - Anything Goes
6. MAWTT Challenge #15 - Purple Haze
7. The Artistic Stamper March Challenge - Springtime (must stamp)
8. Pixie's Snippets Playground Week 219 - Use Snippets
9. Craftin Desert Divas - Lots of Layers
10. Die Cut Divas - Something Spring
11. Great Impressions March Challenge - Bunny Hop (Easter/Spring)
12. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Touchy Feely
13. DRS Designs Challenge #216 - Bling it On
14. Mod Squad Challenge - Feature a Creature
15. Addicted to Stamps Challenge #121 - Glitter/Bling with a Stamp

18 comments:

  1. I'm sure that your granddaughter is more than proud to see her sparkly butterfly stickers perched on such a beautiful card! LOVE the embossed design on that pearly purple paper (as I try to resist adding, "people eater" to the phrase). Green and purple are one of my favorite combos when it comes to using purple, and this bright green is so spring-like and pretty! I do prefer the purple butterflies as well, but both are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both cards Janis! Sits firmly on the fence here :) Wonderful design and the green and purple mix go together so well!

    Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card Janis. The colours look beautiful together and that is a super sketch. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The embossed piece of purple paper withe shimmer and glitter is perfectly pleasing to the eye. I like both cards but prefer the purple butterflies IF I had to choose. Thank you so much for entering our 221st challenge. We are always delighted to see your entries and appreciate your inspirational creativity.
    Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday
    DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janis, this is GORGEOUS! I adore the fabulous colors you went with--and the different patterns and textures are just stunning! Thank you for joining us at Great Impressions! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like both these cards but I love the first one the best. (Where does your granddaughter live I need to do a quick raid !!Lol)The panel is gorgeous and so shimmery. Thankyou for fluttering by my challenge where your card will go into the draw twice. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful papers with the bold colors. Love the texture that yo got and, of course the butterflies. Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Mod Squad Challenge. Good luck, and hope to see you again.
    Barbara, Challenge Host.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning colours, and the embossed panel is breath taking!! Thanks for joining in the fun at Die Cut Diva's.

    ReplyDelete
  9. very pretty, the color contrast is gorgeous! so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Janis, love the mix of colors on this (some of my fave colors too). Great butterflies too! We are so glad you shared this with us in the DRS Designs Challenge! Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card and a lovely sentiment, thanks for joining us at MAWTT, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card
    Thank you for sharing with us girls over at Craftin Desert Divas..
    hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete
  13. A very nice card.

    So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  14. WoW, that embossed and glittery side bar is fabulous!

    I love that scripture! Did you know that in the original language, the word translated 'substance' was commonly used in business documents, carrying the idea of future possession and can also be translated title-deed... if a property has been deeded to you, it's guaranteed that it will be yours. So, when we have faith, we are certain to possess the spiritual promises we hope for... That keeps me going when things get tough! Thanks for the lovely reminder!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a pretty card! Love all the texture and vibrant color. Thanks for playing along with Viva la Verve!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty! Love the colors and layering. Thanks for joining us at Great Impressions!

    ReplyDelete
  17. very beautiful card ! thank you so much for sharing it with us at The Artistic Stamper
    WIshing you good luck to win beautiful stamps !

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis