I am here with a little Easter basket I made for the Mark's Finest Papers Hearts and Bunnies Tutorial Challenge. I don't often make 3D paper projects (altered jars are about as 3D as I usually get!), but this one looked fun and within my skill set so I took the plunge! lol... Vickie on the MFP DT made a lovely tutorial for this project. Oh, let me tell you......I got so totally enchanted with these charming little baskets that I am organizing a girly crafty afternoon at church to make a bunch of these for table decorations for our Easter Breakfast Potluck!! We will fill them with flowers and have a couple of them on each table. Cute!!! Thank you, Vickie!!
|These very pale Easter colors were difficult to photograph.....sorry.|
For my basket, I selected some DCWV scraps and followed the tutorial, using my Mark's Finest Papers - Lily of the Valley stamp set. I stamped it with the floral image and label from that set with Versamark ink and heat embossed it with white powder. I selected only very simple embellishments for this one.....the Happy Easter from my Mark's Finest Papers - Hoppy Easter stamp set, which I heat embossed with aqua powder, and a shimmery bow.
I love how my basket turned out. This easy craft will be super-fun for the ladies and the young girls to do together at church. We'll make sure the girls make extra so they can take a few home, too. :)
Thank you for stopping by. Your visits and lovely comments mean so much to me!! Have a wonderful week!
Thank you for the honor of entering this project in the following challenges:
1. Mark's Finest Papers Hearts and Bunnies Tutorial Challenge - Baskets
2. WOW! Embossing March Challenge - Anything Goes with Heat Embossing
3. Simon Says Stamp Work it Wednesday February Challenge - Use Florals
4. Little Scrap Pieces Show-It-Off-Saturday Linky Party
5. The Artistic Stamper March Challenge - Springtime (must stamp)
6. Word Art Wednesday Challenge #221 - Anything Goes Family Friendly
7. Southern Ridge Trading Co. March Challenge - Easter
8. Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Take a Leap (making a 3D paper project is new and kind of scary for me!)
9. One Crazy Stamper March Challenge - Anything Goes