Friday, March 25, 2016

Waffle Flower Watercolor Card




Hi, Friends.....

I am here with a quick post to squeak an entry into the March Waffle Flower Challenge.  Here's the inspiration photo and we were asked to use the technique of the month:  Watercolor.


I used my Waffle Flower - Flower Circles stamp set and some Brushos that my bloggy friend, Karen Ladd, sent me on my birthday. (THANKS, Karen!!!)

This is my first attempt to do this kind of bow with a button. I used a fabulous Unity Stamp Company Quick Tip found here to show me how. (THANKS, Unity!!)




Other supplies used:
Darice - Checkered embossing folder
DCWV - Burlap Stack
My Favorite Things Die-namics - Stitched Square STAX die set
Distress Ink - Peeled Paint
Crayola Watercolor Pencils
Aquabrush
Dollar Store baker's twine and heart button

That's all for now.  I have a Good Friday service to attend, so I am cutting this very short.

Have a blessed Easter weekend.

<3
Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Waffle Flower March Photo Inspiration and Technique Challenge - Use Watercolor
More later....if I get time! :)

9 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this sunny bright card Janis! The burlap adds wonderful texture and gives a nice rustic look that is absolutely charming with your whimsical flowers. I'm going to have to check out the twine bow and button technique because it's the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty!! Thanks for joining us at the Waffle Flower Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the burlap with greens and yellows, very springy and earthy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful..love your use of burlap, just fabulous on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So spring-like and fun. Thanks for playing with us at the Waffle Flower Crafts challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely colors and texture, great job on the bow! So glad you joined us at Waffle Flower Crafts:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely colors and texture, great job on the bow! So glad you joined us at Waffle Flower Crafts:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card! Great take! I love your use of burlap. Thank you for playing with us at Waffle Flower Crafts Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun way to use burlap, wonderful colors and card design.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis