Saturday, April 23, 2016

Easter card with Butterfly

I have had furniture like this.  In fact, despite many attempts at securing it, the fabric covering on the underside of our box springs is like this right now.  I can feel the stirring and hear a muffled sproinging noise when there is a kitty inside weaving its way around the coils.  Amazing no one has ever got a tail pinched!  Little scamps!


Hi, Friends.....

I am here with a brief hiatus from my Big Blog Blitz Giveaway series to tie up some loose ends.  I have a few Easter cards that I haven't  posted.  Lots of times after the holiday is my best time for making cards because the pressure is off, but I still have my things out.  (Is this the right time to confess that I still have my Valentine things out, too??? LOL! There is an idea that I haven't made yet, and I don't want to put everything away before I do it. I know what you are thinking: "Just give it up, Janis." Right? Nev-uuuuuuhhhhh!!!)

I really enjoyed making a bunch of not-so-dry embossed backgrounds for Easter cards.  I lightly smoosh Distress Ink inside the folder (Choose carefully which side you want to be colored!....Voice of experience talking, here! Ha.) and then mist it gently.  Then run it through your machine as usual.  I like to use heavy duty cardstock or mixed media paper for this.  I just love the watery look!!!  

I topped the card with a simple and lovely solid butterfly cut from a scrap of K&Co paper with my Serendipity - Floral Butterfly die set.  Love the springy feel that a butterfly brings and the symbolism of resurrected life it represents, too.  Amazingly, this card has no stamping on it....but who misses it?  Not I.  :)

Other supplies used include:
Distress Ink - Picked Raspberry, Peacock Feathers
Darice - Faith Words in Cross
Core'dinations heavy duty white cardstock
DCWV scraps
Want 2 Scrap - Adhesive Pearls


Thank you for stopping by.  Be sure to visit my GIVEAWAY posts and answer the questions on each post by 11:59 pm April 30th Pacific Daylight Time to be entered!!  Details are on THIS POST!!!  I have more loose ends to take care of here....so I might be back again this evening!!!  See you later........

<3 
Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Butterfly Spot Challenge #53 - Butterfly + T is for Texture and/or Teal
(I did both with the teal color and the texture of the dry embossing and nubby pearls.)
2. Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Butterfly Beauty
3. Mod Squad Challenge - Water, Water Everywhere! (I used water to mist my embossing folders for my watercolor look.)
4. Die Cut Divas Welcome to April - Any April theme plus dies or embossing folders
5. Little Claire's Designs Monthly Challenge #68 - Spring Colours
6. Southern Ridge Trading Co April Challenge - Anything Spring (Butterflies are spring-y to me!)
7. SSS Work it Wednesday March Challenge: Use Pastels
8. Take the Challenge with Mou: Something New or Young (This Easter card reminds me of the new life we have in Christ....just like the newly-emerged butterfly in spring.)
9. Unstampabelles April Challenge #56 - Flora and/or Fauna w/ NO stamping
10.Serendipity Stamps Challenge #54 - Emboss

11. Clearsnap April Color Challenge - Inspiration Collage (I saw pastels in one of the ColorBox Queus and went with those.)
March 2016 Color Challenge

19 comments:

  1. Oh, I would never have thought to ink an embossing folder with words or sentiment on it but I love the look of this softly colored Easter card. Looks like a water-colored background! Now all you need to do is remember where you put this card next Easter, so you can send it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super card and a great technique with the embossing :-)
    I just LUV the kitty sofa picture hahahaha - can you imagine that in your house ? LoL xxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahha cat in furniture!
    your card is so pretty!
    Bad Kitty's Craftroom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that kitty! I'm sure it's asking, 'does this chair make my head look big?!' LOL!

    I love that butterfly - I thought you'd inked up the butterfly yourself til I read otherwise, but the pink edges make it spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely embossing folder for Easter cards and your card is very pretty. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha, ha, haaaaa! That cat picture made me smile and that's despite me having a rough history with cats. It was fun to see that little slice of feline entertainment. And your card! Wow! The colors are so yummy and blended wonderfully well. What a clever idea to combine the image of a cross with a butterfly. LOVE the texture and pattern of the butterfly, too. You did a remarkable job on this and I'm so glad you shared it with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had to smile at the cat picture. Your embossed folder technique with the inks and spray looks fab and I love the Butterfly. Thankyou for fluttering by with your card which will be entered into the draw twice. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your kitties look like they have way too much fun! Your card is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is just lovely. I really like the soft pastel color you have achieved with the embossing folder. Very nice!!! Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for playing along with us this week over at the Mod Squad!
    Judy, Challenge Host

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the embossing in this! Very pretty!
    Take Care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is really pretty. I love the butterfly and the way you colored the cross.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty--I pinned this for our church card ministry.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just beautiful!! I love the soft look you achieved with this technique! Beautifully done! and no confessions necessary! remember the group you are talking to! giggles!

    Have a blessed day!!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is really pretty as well Janis. I find Christmas cards much easier to make in Jan. than Nov. so I get it. Like you said, the pressure is off but I also find after the particular season or holiday has passed I find I have waaaayyyy better ideas than before???

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the watercolor look. Lovely.


    So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful inspirational card! The inking and embossing are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great idea to use your embossing folders in a whole new way. Thank you for joining Diecut Divas April Challenge. Cathie DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for sharing your beautiful Easter card.
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsbyDragonfly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the soft tones of this and the beautiful butterfly

    Thanks for entering the Butterfly challenge this time, Kim guest DT x

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis