I am here with a quick blog post to show you a card I made for the MFP Stamps Challenge #15 - Faux Patina Technique. I totally love technique challenges and they always have some fabulous ones over at MFP with wonderful tutorials to follow. This particular tutorial uses both dry embossing and heat embossing.....so I knew right away that I had to give it a try! I am attracted to anything shiny and metallic......and gold is my favorite for adding to my cards!!!
You can learn all about how to do this lovely background technique on the tutorial page, so I won't go into detail about that part. I do want to make special mention of the lovely die cuts I used that my crafty friend, Karen Ladd, sent me quite some time ago. I have been hoarding them, but decided to use three of them for this card. Aren't they beautiful? (THANKS, Karen!!)
I also want to make special mention of the fabulous sentiment from the Mark's Finest Papers - Christmas Wishes stamp set. I received this set in some wonderful blog candy from Pat Garvin. (THANKS, Pat!) Totally love it!
Supplies used in this card include:
Core'dinations heavy duty white cardstock
Distress Inks: Tumbled Glass, Forest Moss, Walnut Stain
Darice - Damask embossing folder
Gold embossing powder
Thrift store ribbon
See you next time! Thank you for your wonderful comments!!
1. MFP Stamps Challenge #15 - Faux Patina Technique
2. Wow Embossing April Challenge: Anything Goes, Use Heat Embossing
3. Word Art Wednesday Challenge #226-227 - Anything Goes Family Friendly
4. DL.Art April Linky Challenge - Anything Goes
5. The Ribbon Girls April Card Challenge - Anything Goes, Use Ribbon
6. Amusing Challenge - Create Your Own Background
7. Crop Stop Linky Party #15 - Anything Goes Using Brand CS Carries (I used a Darice embossing folder and Distress Ink)
8. Cards 4 Galz Challenge #20 - Use an Embossing Folder
9. Crafty Gals Corner Challenge #67 - Dies or Punches
10. Tuesday Throwdown Challenge #289 - Use Die Cuts
11. Love to Scrap Challenge #75 - Big Bow Theory
12, Ruby's Rainbow Challenge #127 - Favorite Color (Gold is my favorite of all the metallics!)