Friday, April 15, 2016

Faith, Hope, Love



Hi, Friends.....

I am here with a quick blog post to show you a card I made for the MFP Stamps Challenge #15 - Faux Patina Technique. I totally love technique challenges and they always have some fabulous ones over at MFP with wonderful tutorials to follow.  This particular tutorial uses both dry embossing and heat embossing.....so I knew right away that I had to give it a try!  I am attracted to anything shiny and metallic......and gold is my favorite for adding to my cards!!!




You can learn all about how to do this lovely background technique on the tutorial page, so I won't go into detail about that part. I do want to make special mention of the lovely die cuts I used that my crafty friend, Karen Ladd, sent me quite some time ago. I have been hoarding them, but decided to use three of them for this card. Aren't they beautiful? (THANKS, Karen!!)

I also want to make special mention of the fabulous sentiment from the Mark's Finest Papers - Christmas Wishes stamp set. I received this set in some wonderful blog candy from Pat Garvin. (THANKS, Pat!) Totally love it!

Supplies used in this card include:
Core'dinations heavy duty white cardstock
Distress Inks: Tumbled Glass, Forest Moss, Walnut Stain
Versamark Ink
Darice - Damask embossing folder
Gold embossing powder

Thrift store ribbon

Hope you enjoyed my card today. I had fun trying out this technique. Are you getting ready for a lovely weekend? We had quite a few snowflakes fall today, but nothing that turned the ground white. That's an improvement!! lol...

See you next time! Thank you for your wonderful comments!!

<3
Janis


Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. MFP Stamps Challenge #15 - Faux Patina Technique
2. Wow Embossing April Challenge: Anything Goes, Use Heat Embossing
3. Word Art Wednesday Challenge #226-227 - Anything Goes Family Friendly
4. DL.Art April Linky Challenge - Anything Goes
5. The Ribbon Girls April Card Challenge - Anything Goes, Use Ribbon
6. Amusing Challenge - Create Your Own Background
7. Crop Stop Linky Party #15 - Anything Goes Using Brand CS Carries (I used a Darice embossing folder and Distress Ink)
8. Cards 4 Galz Challenge #20 - Use an Embossing Folder
9. Crafty Gals Corner Challenge #67 - Dies or Punches
10. Tuesday Throwdown Challenge #289 - Use Die Cuts
11. Love to Scrap Challenge #75 - Big Bow Theory

12, Ruby's Rainbow Challenge #127 - Favorite Color (Gold is my favorite of all the metallics!) 

17 comments:

  1. Your card is an absolute stunner Janis. Now I'm off to check out the tutorial. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card; thank you for sharing with us at MFP Stamps Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is gorgeous and I'll bet it's even better in person! All that gold double-embossing is scrumptious! I had forgotten all about those die cuts and am so happy you found the perfect project for them. This would make a fabulous wedding card with that lacy ribbon and all the glimmer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't until after I got this card all finished that using it as a wedding card occurred to me, also! The sentiment is from a Christmas stamp set, but I think it works great for a number of occasions, incl a wedding card. Thanks, again, for the die cuts and for your kind comments on my card.

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  4. Beautiful card Lynn!! I love the way you did your faux patina, perfect for the challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty....love your soft beautiful colors with that fabulous ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card using this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful embossed card! Thanks for joining us at Love to Scrap! Challenge Blog
    Tina dt

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card. Great job on the background. Love the die cuts. Thanks for sharing this with us at Tuesday Throwdown Challenge. Good luck. Debi TT DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need to try this - that background is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card and gorgeous bow, Janis! Thanks so much for playing this week in our "Die Cuts" challenge at Tuesday Throwdown. Good luck in the draw.
    NanaConnie DT
    PS Loving your banner with that darling cat. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is lovely. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Ruby's Rainbow.

    Hugs Helen P (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card, thank you for joining us at Ruby's Rainbow for our 5th Birthday x

    ReplyDelete
  14. A beautiful card. Thanks for sharing at Cardz 4 Galz. Hope to see you again. Caz DT.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis