Sunday, April 10, 2016

Morning by Morning New Mercies I See




Hi, Friends.....

I managed to make another card for the Winnie & Walter Share the Love Week Challenges where we are invited to make cards inspired by the wonderful design team creations.





The designers used Winnie & Walter and Pinkfresh Studio Felicity products, but that wasn't required for us to participate.




I was inspired by two different cards this time.

First is Gayatri's card on this post. I love the white embossing on the vellum. I knew I wanted to do that on my card, too.

Here is Gayatri's beautiful card. --->






The other card that inspired me was one by Kate on this post.  I  absolutely adore the colors she used.

<------Here is Kate's fabulous card.






So, here's my take:


Since I can't bring myself to toss out my scraps, I was tickled to be able to use the partial sun on this card.  The other part was used several weeks ago in this card.  [Hey, it didn't even have to sit in my stash for a year. Maybe I am improving!!  :) ]  

Other supplies used include:
My Favorite Things Die-namics - Stitched Square STAX die set
My Favorite Things Die-namics - Sunny Skies die
Verve - New Mercies stamp set
WOW! Embossing Powder - Opaque Bright White Regular

Sparkly Blue Embossing Powder
Lots of DCWV and Core'dinations scraps from my stash


Thank you so much for stopping by today.  It is a lovely day in Idaho and I hope it is in your area, too.  

<3
Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Winnie & Walter Share the Love Week Challenge - Day 4
2. Winnie & Walter Share the Love Week Challenge - Day 5
3. Mojo Monday #442 - Sketch (I flipped the Mojo Monday sketch upside down and backwards for this card. Don't get dizzy! lol....)

4. Hiding In My Craft Room #246 - Super Scraps Saturday
5. Little Scrap Pieces Show-it-Off Saturday Linky Party
6. Pixie's Snippets Playground Week 224 - Use Snippets
7. Die Cut Divas Welcome to April - Any April theme plus dies or embossing folders
8. Word Art Wednesday Weeks 224-225 - Anything Goes Family Friendly
9. DL.Art April Linky Challenge - Anything Goes
10. One Crazy Stamper April Challenge - Anything Goes
11. SSS Work it Wednesday March Challenge: Use Pastels
12. Take the Challenge with Mou: Something New or Young
13. Crop Stop Linky Party #14 - Anything Goes using product sold by CS (I used My Favorite Things dies)
14. Wow Embossing April Challenge: Anything Goes, Use Heat Embossing

11 comments:

  1. How pretty! Love that sunshine and your vellum embossed leaves. Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card Janis - we could do with sunshine here right now :( The white stamping on vellum works so well and adds real dimension too.

    Thanks for coming to play this week!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for entering our challenge at One Crazy Stamper, nicely done.
    Cheers, Leanne DT/OCS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card--I really like this verse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely card Janis. A girl after my own heart - using half the sun. I love it. A really sweet photo of the cat at the top of your post. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, love this sunny card Janis! Embossing on vellum is officially my new favorite technique, and the white embossing looks especially fresh and pretty. Thumbs up for using up the other half of your die cut sun...I have bits and pieces like that that are years old so I'm really impressed that you made it work so beautifully. You couldn't have found a more perfect sentiment for this card either!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely cheery card, hope you join us again, CarolG and the Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card :) And I would never had known you used scraps! Thanks so much for joining in share the love week at Winnie and Walter.
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so sweet. I love the embossing on the vellum and the sentiment is great I actually started singing the song which put me in a great frame of mind, I had just come in from a walk and was so thankful for all the blessings in my life and this fit perfectly.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes APRIL Linky Challenge. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
    DL.ART crinkle ribbon
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
    http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just lovely. The sun is a bit of sunshine on your card.

    So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. very inspiring design :) :) Thanks for playing our challenge at One Crazy Stamper.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis