Sunday, July 17, 2016
Hey, It's our 35th!!!
Yes....it's our 35th!!! No......not our 35th grandkid.....or even our 35th cat (that was a looooooong time ago!!) My hubby and I are celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary today! Yay!! I made this card for him. Of course, it had to have cats on it. :)
In designing this card, I was delighted to use this nifty layered embossed background I made from scraps of black, white and gray papers. I realized some time ago that I was tossing a lot of narrow strips of patterned papers and so I started saving them and making these backgrounds....by gluing the strips onto cardstock and trimming it to size. This one is dry embossed using my Darice - Interlocking Circles folder.
Other supplies used in this card include:
X-Cut - A5 Mixed Cats Die Set
Lil' Inker - Rainbows and Clouds Sentiment stamp set
Versafine Ink - Onyx Black
My Favorite Things Die-namics - Stitched Square STAX die set
I think I probably should have die cut the cats and mouse additionally in black and layered them for a shadow effect so they would show up better, but in real life they look more distinct than in the photo. Live and learn! :)
Hope you enjoyed seeing my card. Thanks for stopping by and for all your sweet comments!!!
Here's to many more happy years together with you, Jim!!! I love you!
Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper July Challenge - Use Patterned Paper
2. Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Flora and Fauna
3. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Make a Scene
4. Pixie's Snippets Playground Week #238 - Use Snippets
5. DL.Art July Linky Challenge - AG
6. The Artistic Stamper July Creative Challenge - All Things Bright and Beautiful
7. Crop Stop Linky Party #18 - AG Using product CS carries (I used a Darice embossing folder)
8. ColorSnap July Color Challenge