Friday, July 8, 2016

I am STILL A-LIVE!!!

Sorry to disappoint you, Grumpy Cat.....but I was only taking a blog break  I AM STILL ALIVE!!!  :)

Hi, Friends....

Well, I thought it was time to wake up my dormant blog and make a quick post.  I know, I know....I have maybe only one time ever made a "quick" post.  I took all of the month of June off of my blog because of Vacation Bible School on Tuesdays and my granddaughter here overnight one or two nights a week.  But now I am beginning to craft again and so I have something to post.  

This card is inspired by the Mark's Finest Papers Tutorial challenge where you cover a scrap piece of cardstock with foil and dry emboss it for a cool metallic background.  They suggested making a tag, but I use a lot more cards than tags, so I did that instead....but I still followed their wonderful tutorial technique. 



Supplies used include:
My Favorite Things Die-namics - Stitched Oval STAX die set
Mark's Finest Papers - North American Woods stamp set
Darice Embossing Folder - Birch Trees
Ranger - Embossing Powder - Silver super-fine detail
Printed Vellum
Scraps of Black cardstock

Hope you enjoyed my card.  I have made a few other cards over the past few weeks and I might even get them blogged, too, sometime soon.  

Thank you for stopping by!!!!  Hope to see you soon.  :)

<3
Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1.  MFP June Blog Hop Tutorial Project
2.  The Artistic Stamper July Creative Challenge - All Things Bright and Beautiful
3.  A Vintage Journey July Challenge - Monochromatic
4.  Pixie's Snippets Playground Week #236  - Use Snippets
5.  Moving Along with the Times Challenge #24 - No Designer Paper 
6.  ColorSnap July Color Challenge


15 comments:

  1. What a stunning card! Perfect "guy" card! Thanks for trying MFP tutorial.
    hugs,
    Pam
    MFP DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely background and wolf. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jani - welcome back with a lovely card! That's a great technique and thank you for sharing it - most of all, thank you for coming to play with us!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WoW - that is fabulous !! I love the wolf image.
    So glad to see you back again :-D

    Hugz
    IKE xx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you woke up your blog with your lovely card. I love the background which almost looks like whitewashed wood, very effective when set against your focal image. Thanks so much for joining us at A Vintage Journey. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful nature card Love the background
    good to see you......Lis

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wel I'm glad you woke up! LOL This is a fab card, Janis!
    x Asha

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cool Janis, a great card!
    I hope you enjoyed your break. Don't you just love having your granddaughter for sleepovers? Its the best! Our daughter enrolled her 4 y/o son in a week of art camp so they came and spent the week with us. ( I have to admit, now that they have gone home, Nanny is tired, but it's a good tired!) Sometimes we just need a break from the ordinary!
    Again, Congratulations on your most recent win!

    ReplyDelete
  9. welcome back then...nice to hear that you are crafting again!
    thanks for the recent visits to my language blogs for Memory Box
    hello from california
    Bibiana

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you have come out of crafting hibernation Janis, and this card is the perfect way to make a comeback!! I'm going to have to give that embossed foil technique a try because it would make the perfect card base for a masculine card. Your nature themed, wildlife card is so impressive! Grumpy Cat may be disappointed to see you back, but we are all jumping for joy!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome back from your break...what a fabulous card to open up with, simply stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  12. nice to see you!
    wonderful card!
    have a nice day!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful card, thanks for joining in this months challenge at The Artistic Stamper.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay! Glad to see you again!!
    How cool is that?!! It makes a fab background for your gorgeous gold embossed image!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful card, thank you for joining us at A Vintage Journey! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis