Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Anniversary Card with Fussy Cut Birds



Hi, Friends.....

I am here with a pretty card for a sweet occasion.  Some very dear friends celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary with a reception in the Portland, Oregon area.  This couple used to pastor at our tiny church here in Idaho and retired several years ago to Oregon.....coincidentally (or, rather, providentially!) within a mile of my Dad's assisted living facility.  Although, they have since moved to a different city, this wonderful couple picked my dad up each Sunday morning and took him to church with them while they were there.  It meant so much to Dad and to us, also!!  I wanted to make a nice card for their special day.



I have been hoarding this K&Co. paper because I love the colors and shimmery foiling and also the images so much.  These friends enjoy backyard birding so I knew it would be the perfect time to use it.  Fussy cutting and I don't always get along too well, but I managed it with these birds...and I think they turned out just fine. :)  I lifted the wings and tail slightly on the birds to give some dimension.  

My sentiment is from my Mark's Finest Papers - Christmas Wishes set. I stamped and heat embossed it onto some layered panels that I die cut from pieces found in my scrap bags.  I don't often layer my panels like that....or when I do, I use a contrasting piece.  But I really like the depth I got by using a similar color this time....and it used up more scraps!  Ha.

Supplies used include:
Mark's Finest Papers - Christmas Wishes stamp set
Versafine - Vintage Sepia
Clear embossing powder
DCWV scraps
Distress Ink - Brushed Corduroy
Sizzix - Fancy Labels die set
Prima flowers
Want 2 Scrap - Adhesive Pearls
Old decorative corner scissors
Premade DCWV glitter cardbase
Sheer ribbon

Hope you like my card.  I just love how it turned out.  It was great to get to take a trip to see my Dad and a joy to be able to join this dear couple in celebrating 60 years together!!

Thank you for stopping by to say hi.  Your comments make my day!!!

<3
Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1.
Twofers Challenge #26 - Stamped Sentiment as Main Feature
2. Amusing Challenge #35 - Anything Goes
3. All Sorts Week #378 - Use at Least Two Dies
4. Wow! Embossing Powder August Challenge - Flowers
5. Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper August Challenge
6. Unicorn Challenge #12 - Animal Kingdom
7. Crop Stop Linky Party #19 - Anything Goes - Use a product CS sells (I used Distress Ink)
8.
DL.Art August Linky Challenge - AG
9. Deep Ocean Challenge #136 - Things with Wings

10.Pixie's Snippets Playground Week 244 - Use Snippets

12 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous - and your fussy cutting is perfect. Thanks for joining us at Twofers
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. your card is very pretty!
    love all details!
    hugs
    Fiki 🐈

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card and beautiful images too. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card and I'm sure your friends will love it Janis. The K & Co paper was always so lovely. I like the way you've given dimension to the birds. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally LOVE this card Janis - it's soft, gentle and just perfect for the 60th Wedding Anniversary celebration.

    Great to see you in the playground!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really lovely Janis you've done a wonderful job on it as always. So glad you got to combine the celebrations with a visit with your Dad. My father is 87 and hasn't been well all summer. Although he is home we recently learned he has advanced liver cancer and has approx. 2 months left. We cannot take this time for granted, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for joining Allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, love the colours.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'Dies' challenge this week and hope you join our new challenge starting tomorrow x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just exquisite! Those papers coordinate so well and the fussy cutting was completely worth it. The birds seem to fly off the paper in celebration! Loving the die cut labels and inked edges for a really sweet vintage look.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis