Tuesday, August 16, 2016
Beachy and "Beyond Borders"
I am here today with a card I made for the MFP Stamps Tutorial Challenge of "Beyond Borders" where the tutorial shows us how to make a die cut with a stamped image that goes beyond the borders of the usual shape of the die. It's not hard and it was fun giving it a try!
My shell image and sentiment are from the Mark's Finest Papers - Silly Shells stamp set. I stamped them in Versafine ink in Smokey Gray and heat embossed with clear powder.
I used more leftovers from my watercolor refill background and die cut with the My Favorite Things Die-namics - Stitched Oval STAX die set. This piece is from the same sheet as I used in this card, but it has a completely different look.
This card took forever to complete because I couldn't settle on which papers to use for the other panels. I finally decided (after getting every pink/coral piece in my entire craft room out) to go with this DCWV corrugate and some American Crafts black patterned paper. I think the print looks good with the natural pattern of the shells. Not super-beachy colors, but I think this has an exotic and hot tropical appeal. What do you think? I finished it off with some crinkly ribbon from Diana Larson. (THANKS, Diana!!!)
That's all for this post. I have some other cards I have been working on, too, so I might be back soon! Thank you so much for stopping by!!
Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. MFP Stamps Tutorial Challenge - Beyond Borders
2. Twofers Challenge #25 - The Heat is On
3. DL.Art August Linky Challenge - AG
4. SRTC August Challenge - Anything Goes
5. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Let's Go Wild (Anyone for a wild tropical night on the beach? Oh, my!...[blush])
6. The Sisterhood of Crafters - Close to Nature
7. Craftin Desert Divas Linky Party - Watercolor
8. Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper August Challenge
9. Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Summer Fun
10. Amusing Challenge #34 - Anything Goes