Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Beachy and "Beyond Borders"



Hi, Friends.....

I am here today with a card I made for the MFP Stamps Tutorial Challenge of "Beyond Borders" where the tutorial shows us how to make a die cut with a stamped image that goes beyond the borders of the usual shape of the die.  It's not hard and it was fun giving it a try!

My shell image and sentiment are from the Mark's Finest Papers - Silly Shells stamp set.  I stamped them in Versafine ink in Smokey Gray and heat embossed with clear powder.


I used more leftovers from my watercolor refill background and die cut with the My Favorite Things Die-namics - Stitched Oval STAX die set.  This piece is from the same sheet as I used in this card, but it has a completely different look. 

This card took forever to complete because I couldn't settle on which papers to use for the other panels.  I finally decided (after getting every pink/coral piece in my entire craft room out) to go with this DCWV corrugate and some American Crafts black patterned paper.  I think the print looks good with the natural pattern of the shells.  Not super-beachy colors, but I think this has an exotic and hot tropical appeal.  What do you think?  I finished it off with some crinkly ribbon from Diana Larson.  (THANKS, Diana!!!)

That's all for this post.  I have some other cards I have been working on, too, so I might be back soon!  Thank you so much for stopping by!!

<3
Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. MFP Stamps Tutorial Challenge - Beyond Borders
2. Twofers Challenge #25 - The Heat is On
3. DL.Art August Linky Challenge - AG
4. SRTC August Challenge - Anything Goes
5. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Let's Go Wild (Anyone for a wild tropical night on the beach? Oh, my!...[blush])
6. The Sisterhood of Crafters - Close to Nature
7. Craftin Desert Divas Linky Party - Watercolor
8. Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper August Challenge
9. Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Summer Fun
10. Amusing Challenge #34 - Anything Goes

19 comments:

  1. Very pretty take on the tutorial! You used one of my fave colors too! Thanks for joining in again! Love to see you at MFP Stamps Challenge!
    Hugs!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just posted at SSS and yours was there next to mine. Aww! Looking good! Love the shells, the watercolor and that cool patterned paper that ties it all together so well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely job Janis, it's very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to laugh. I can totally relate. I have thousands of prices of paper yet I can still not have the right tone of color I want!! Crazy. Your card came out fabulous.

    Thanks for sharing it with us over at Craftin' Desert Divas and for playing along with our Watercolor linky party!
    Hugs,
    Lisa
    CDD DT MEMBER

    ReplyDelete
  5. You papers certainly made the card hot and tropical and great background for your stamps.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card you certainly cracked that technique. Thank you for including your card at Twofers. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful background, awesome technique and pretty, pretty card Janis! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘CLOSE TO NATURE’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous hot beachy color this is really lovely Janis ////////////////Lid

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very hot and exotic, and I've seen tropical shell exactly that colour. I can never get images over the edge of a die successfully, you've dome a great job of it. Thanks for sharing at twofers
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Janis, I really love the look of your card! Beautiful colors, and this was a great stamp to use for the tutorial!! Love the corrugated coral paper....you picked out the perfect match!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the background! Thank you for sharing with us at MFP Stamps Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. pretty card Janis...love the coral colour theme which fits perfectly with your seashells...thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...have a great weekend...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely beach card Janis! Thanks for playing along with us on the Southern Ridge Trading Company Blog!
    -Katelyn DT member at Southern Ridge

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice and elegant. Great mix of black and white with the strong coral. Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Marzena

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my - I have that same dilemma often of deciding on papers! This turned out perfectly and I love the shells off the edge. Thanks for joining in on my Amusing Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good grief, how did I miss all of these posts?!! You have been busy as a bee in the craft room and I see you've been trying all manner of new techniques and designs. I had intended to give the beyond border die-cutting a try myself but never managed to find the time. The corrugated paper was the perfect choice to give some texture as well as color and I LOVE the orange!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts patterned paper challenge.
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine x DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts patterned paper challenge.
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine x DT

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis