Saturday, August 20, 2016

Praying for You with Gilded Rose




Hi, Friends.....

I am here with a pretty card to share that I made with my beautiful Winnie & Walter - In Bloom: Maggie's Roses Cutaways die set.  I LOVE this set sooooooooo much.  (THANKS, W&W!!!)

I was inspired by the current Winnie & Walter Rerun Challenge where a previously released set is chosen and then highlighted by their designers.  The challenge is to make something with that particular set or other W&W product inspired by what the design team made.  I don't have the specific set, but all the floral designs made me want to get out my W&W Maggie's Roses die set and play.  I was particularly inspired by elements from Lydia's card (circle shape and open greenery) and Heather's card (outlines of the flowers and leaves) from this Rerun post.





 
I already had the three border strip background layered onto Coredinations patterned kraft lying dormant in my stash that I knew would be perfect for the Viva la Verve Sketch challenge.  



I layered on my doily and my roses pieces, including the outline that was die cut from gleaming gold cardstock.  LOVE!!!  As you can see, I used the negative scrap from one of the open leaves and added it to the greenery sprig.  My sentiment is from Clear Dollar (discontinued) and stamped with Versafine - Vintage Sepia ink on the circular patterned paper panel.  Can you tell that the cream rose paper has a subtle print?  This and the aqua polka dot panel are from my scrap bag.

Other supplies used include:
Fiskars - XXXL Circle Punch
Distress Ink - Brushed Corduroy
Doily and ribbon from stash

Hope you enjoyed my card.  This is the first time I have participated in the Winnie & Walter Rerun challenge.  It was a lot of fun!!  Hope you will join in, too!

Thank you so much for stopping by! 

<3
Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Winnie & Walter Rerun #13 Challenge
2. Viva la Verve August Sketch Challenge
3. Dragonfly Journeys Challenge #70 - A Rose is a Rose
4. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Make for the Border 
5. Crop Stop Linky Party #19 - Anything Goes - Use a product CS sells (I used Distress Ink)
6. Allsorts Challenge Week #377 - Fabulous Florals

7. Mod Squad - The Die's the Thing
8. Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper August Challenge
9. DL.Art August Linky Challenge - AG
10. Pixie's Snippets Playground Week #243 - Use Snippets
11. Inkspirational Challenge #115 - Patterned Paper w/ twist: Stamping on Patterned Paper

http://inkspirationalchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2016/08/challenge-115-patterned-paper.html

14 comments:

  1. What a lovely card! LOVE the rose and all those beautiful patterned papers and die cuts. Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for playing along with us this week over at the Mod Squad!
    Judy - Mod Squad Challenge Host

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janis! Gorgeous card and a beautiful color combination. The gold rose really is stunning. Thanks so much for joining my challenge this week :)

    Jeannie T.
    Dragonfly Journeys

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card. I love the background-perfect for the sketch. The gold rose is spectacular. Thank you for joining the DL.ART Thankful Thursday August Linky Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very pretty floral creation Janis and perfect for our Fabulous Florals theme, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this Janis - very pretty and the rose is stunning!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful card Janis. When I tipped my screen I could see the subtle print but otherwise I may not have. Its lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this is just beautiful! Love those fun border trims in the background. Thanks for joining us for Viva la Verve!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great layout and beautiful card, I love your use of doily and the shabby feel of this! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really gorgeous, Thanks for joining in with our Fabulous Florals challenge at Allsorts this week, Good Luck
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. The golden rose looks amazing!
    Thank you so much for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges for our #115 challenge :)
    Pia xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous Janis. I love the colours and the lovely guilded rose.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh, this is so elegant with that gold rose outline and die cut inlay. Or is that die cut rose outline placed over the background papers??? Either way, the effect is so beautiful; it looks like fine porcelain. Of course, I also really love the doily for a cute old fashioned look and my favorite part is that creative use of the leaf negative.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely card, Janis! I love that you incorporated elements from Lydia's and Heather's cards in your design. Thank you so much for joining in on our Rerun Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis