Saturday, August 20, 2016
Praying for You with Gilded Rose
I am here with a pretty card to share that I made with my beautiful Winnie & Walter - In Bloom: Maggie's Roses Cutaways die set. I LOVE this set sooooooooo much. (THANKS, W&W!!!)
I was inspired by the current Winnie & Walter Rerun Challenge where a previously released set is chosen and then highlighted by their designers. The challenge is to make something with that particular set or other W&W product inspired by what the design team made. I don't have the specific set, but all the floral designs made me want to get out my W&W Maggie's Roses die set and play. I was particularly inspired by elements from Lydia's card (circle shape and open greenery) and Heather's card (outlines of the flowers and leaves) from this Rerun post.
I already had the three border strip background layered onto Coredinations patterned kraft lying dormant in my stash that I knew would be perfect for the Viva la Verve Sketch challenge.
I layered on my doily and my roses pieces, including the outline that was die cut from gleaming gold cardstock. LOVE!!! As you can see, I used the negative scrap from one of the open leaves and added it to the greenery sprig. My sentiment is from Clear Dollar (discontinued) and stamped with Versafine - Vintage Sepia ink on the circular patterned paper panel. Can you tell that the cream rose paper has a subtle print? This and the aqua polka dot panel are from my scrap bag.
Other supplies used include:
Fiskars - XXXL Circle Punch
Distress Ink - Brushed Corduroy
Doily and ribbon from stash
Hope you enjoyed my card. This is the first time I have participated in the Winnie & Walter Rerun challenge. It was a lot of fun!! Hope you will join in, too!
Thank you so much for stopping by!
Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Winnie & Walter Rerun #13 Challenge
2. Viva la Verve August Sketch Challenge
3. Dragonfly Journeys Challenge #70 - A Rose is a Rose
4. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Make for the Border
5. Crop Stop Linky Party #19 - Anything Goes - Use a product CS sells (I used Distress Ink)
6. Allsorts Challenge Week #377 - Fabulous Florals
7. Mod Squad - The Die's the Thing
8. Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper August Challenge
9. DL.Art August Linky Challenge - AG
10. Pixie's Snippets Playground Week #243 - Use Snippets
11. Inkspirational Challenge #115 - Patterned Paper w/ twist: Stamping on Patterned Paper