Wednesday, August 10, 2016
Sunflower Altered Treat Jar
I am here with a pretty sunflower altered treat jar that I made for our niece's birthday this week. I filled it with caramels and included some "green stuff" so she could go shopping, too. :)
For this project I used images from my Denami Design - Summer Flowers and Denami Design - Summer Flower Leaves stamp sets. I don't get these sets out very often, so it was fun to use them.
I covered the jar with recycled gift wrap tissue and Mod Podge. After it was dry, I rubbed on some Gelatos in yellow, orange, green, and metallic gold and blended them with a moistened fingertip.
I stamped a bunch of sunflower images with Versafine ink in Onyx Black on some scraps of gift wrap tissue (that I had used to catch overspray on other projects) and Mod Podged them here and there on the jar and on the previously gessoed lid. I colored the flowers with my waterbrush and watercolor pencils.
Next I wrapped some sunflower patterned burlap ribbon around the jar and put on my focal panel. The focal panel is also from scraps that I stamped and colored the same way as the flowers on the tissue. I die cut them with my My Favorite Things Die-namics - Stitched Oval STAX die set. I finished it all up with a fluffy brown tulle bow.
You can't see it in my photos, but I also added shimmer to each of the flowers on the jar and focal panel by coloring over them with my Wink of Stella pen. Sorry I didn't get the angle of the light right for you to be able to see it.
Hope you enjoyed seeing my altered treat jar. I love being able to reuse gift wrap tissue this way and to upcycle my empty jars! Thank you for stopping by and, as always, leaving your wonderful comments!!!
Thank you for the honor of entering this altered treat jar in the following challenges:
1. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Fabulous Florals
2. Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Try to Contain Yourself
3. DL.Art August Linky Challenge - AG
4. Crafty Ribbons Challenge #163 - AG
5. SRTC August Challenge - Anything Goes
6. Try it on Tuesday Challenge - Use Your Leftovers and Scraps
7. Penny Black at All Sorts August Challenge - AG
8. Pixie's Snippets Playground Week #241 - Use Snippets
9. Creative Corner Challenges - Anything But a Card
10. Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge #146 - Anything But a Card with Ribbon or Trim