Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Sunflower Altered Treat Jar



Hi, Friends....

I am here with a pretty sunflower altered treat jar that I made for our niece's birthday this week.  I filled it with caramels and included some "green stuff" so she could go shopping, too.  :)

For this project I used images from my Denami Design - Summer Flowers and Denami Design - Summer Flower Leaves stamp sets.  I don't get these sets out very often, so it was fun to use them.


I covered the jar with recycled gift wrap tissue and Mod Podge.  After it was dry, I rubbed on some Gelatos in yellow, orange, green, and metallic gold and blended them with a moistened fingertip.




I stamped a bunch of sunflower images with Versafine ink in Onyx Black on some scraps of gift wrap tissue (that I had used to catch overspray on other projects) and Mod Podged them here and there on the jar and on the previously gessoed lid.  I colored the flowers with my waterbrush and watercolor pencils.

Next I wrapped some sunflower patterned burlap ribbon around the jar and put on my focal panel.  The focal panel is also from scraps that I stamped and colored the same way as the flowers on the tissue.  I die cut them with my My Favorite Things Die-namics - Stitched Oval STAX die set.  I finished it all up with a fluffy brown tulle bow. 


You can't see it in my photos, but I also added shimmer to each of the flowers on the jar and focal panel by coloring over them with my Wink of Stella pen.  Sorry I didn't get the angle of the light right for you to be able to see it.

Hope you enjoyed seeing my altered treat jar.  I love being able to reuse gift wrap tissue this way and to upcycle my empty jars!  Thank you for stopping by and, as always, leaving your wonderful comments!!!

<3
Janis



Thank you for the honor of entering this altered treat jar in the following challenges:
1. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Fabulous Florals
2. Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Try to Contain Yourself
3. DL.Art August Linky Challenge - AG
4. Crafty Ribbons Challenge #163 - AG
5. SRTC August Challenge - Anything Goes
6. Try it on Tuesday Challenge - Use Your Leftovers and Scraps
7. Penny Black at All Sorts August Challenge - AG
8. Pixie's Snippets Playground Week #241 - Use Snippets
9. Creative Corner Challenges - Anything But a Card 

10. Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge #146 - Anything But a Card with Ribbon or Trim

18 comments:

  1. What a great project. I love all the sunflowers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea Janis. It looks lovely. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks such fun Janis! I bet someone was delighted :) So cheerful as well.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great treat jar, I love that pretty sunflower! Thanks for playing along with us at DL.ART August Linky Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful altered jar for treats. Thank you for sharing it with us at TioT's this time.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I just love this cheery altered jar! The patterned burlap ribbon couldn't be more perfect and I especially like the stamped tissue paper lid. After learning that you liked to fill your altered jars with caramels I filled my shopping cart with three bags of them but I suspect that I'll be eating most of it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous and such a fab idea! Love the detail on the lid too! Thanks so much for sharing at Crafty Ribbons!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous project. I love the burlap, the painted lid, and the summery feel of this wonderful project. Thanks so much for sharing this in our Anything But A Card Challenge. We love having you play along, and sincerely hope that you will join us again soon.
    Have a blessed week,
    Karen
    Really Reasonable Ribbon

    P.S. You're most welcome to also share with us at Word Art Wednesday. We offer great prizes, and lots of fun. I hope you will stop by to share with us there as well.
    Blessings,
    karen
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have certainly brightened up this jar. Thank you for joining in at Creative Corner.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic project. Thank you for joining us at TioT.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great project and lovely that you got to use leftovers too.
    Thanks for sharing with us at TioT
    Avril

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nicely done, looks very sunny.
    Thank you for entering our challenge.
    Greetings, Veerle DT - Creative Corner

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your beautiful creation! The flower pattern is fabulous. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic jar. I love how you used the stamp in so many ways. I haven't thought of stamping on burlap. Thank you for joining the DL.ART Thankful Thursday August Linky Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aaaah what a lovely idea and thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More this month, luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fun jar! The details you've added to it are fantastic. Thanks for playing along with us on the Southern Ridge Trading Company Blog!
    -Katelyn DT member at Southern Ridge

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for visiting and being active with our community at Southern Ridge Trading Company. Great color tone combinations on your project.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis