Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Vellum and Lace Anniversary Card



Hi, Friends.....

I try to give each couple at our small church an anniversary card, so here's one that I made to have on hand.  I am entering this in the Mark's Finest Papers Anything Goes challenge this week.  I used my Mark's Finest Papers - Lily of the Valley stamp set with this sweet sentiment that I think is appropriate for either a wedding or an anniversary card.  I stamped it with Versamark Ink and heat embossed it in a sparkly sky blue on a scrap of vellum.


The butterfly is actually a bright metallic emerald green color, not nearly as dark as what the camera saw!

I used a layered embossed background I'd had lying around in my stash for awhile.  The fancy floral journaling card piece is fussy cut from the DCWV Solstice stack and glued onto a scrap of patterned cardstock.  Then I dry embossed it with my Darice - Flowers and Vines Pattern folder.  I very lightly inked some of the embossed pattern to make the texture more visible with Distress Ink in Antique Linen.  I finished it all up with some pretty thrift store lace, a butterfly, some loops of ribbon, and Prima flowers.  It's hard to see in the photo, but there is a lot of sparkle on this card.  In addition to the embossing, the journaling card and the flowers are glittery, too.

Hope you enjoyed this card.  I always love it when I can use something like a background that has been in my stash for some time!!  What have you uncovered and used recently?????  

Thank you for stopping by.  I hope your week is going well.  

<3
Janis


Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Mark's Finest Papers Challenge #31 - Anything Goes
2. Wow! Embossing Powder August Challenge - Flowers

3. The Artistic Stamper August Creative Challenge - AG
4. SRTC August Challenge - AG
5. Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Celebrate
6. Pixie's Snippets Playground Week #240 - Use Snippets
7. Live and love Crafts Challenge #50 - Happy Birthday/Anniversary
8. Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper August Challenge
9. DL.Art August Linky Challenge - AG
10. DL. Art Thankful Thursday Challenge #185 - AG

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at MFP Stamps Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely! So many pretty details! Thanks for joining us for MFP Stamps Challenge!
    Hugs,
    Pam
    MFPSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful card!! Thanks for joining us in the WOW Embossing challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is beautiful Janis! I have a lot of ribbon (and ribbon scraps) and I try to us that as often as possible. PLUS, I have a lot of previously coloured and cut images on my desk so I try to go through that regularly to use them up. The only problem is: I am constantly colouring and adding more to the dish...LOL Need I say more????

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unless a challenge tells me I never think to get out vellum This is so pretty I must make an effort..........Lis

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this Janis! And, like Lis already said, I need to get my vellum out and use it more often! Isn't it strange how the camera will alter colours - I find that happens quite a bit to me, sigh. Ha, and it always adds about three stone to my weight as well!

    Great to see you in the Playground.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, love the bright colors, reminds me of spring. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty. Thanks for joining us at CraftyHazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge.
    Margaret, DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful card Janis and what a lovely idea to give an Anniversary card to all the couples at your church. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just lovely and your vellum stamped sentiment if perfect for an anniversary. Love the blue and yellow combo and all the pretty layers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card Janis! Thanks for playing along with us on the Southern Ridge Trading Company Blog!
    -Katelyn DT member at Southern Ridge

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful, thank you for joining in this months challenge at The Artistic Stamper

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis