Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Happy Birthday in Lavender and Pink


Hi, Friends......

I am here with another card for the this month's Viva la Verve Sketch challenge, again using the Sketch #1.





Here's what I came up with this time, using my Inspired by Stamping - Graceful Hydrangea stamp set (sadly, it is discontinued). The sentiment is stamped with Versafine Ink in Imperial Purple and the pastel image behind it is stamped with Distress Ink in Victorian Velvet. The square is die cut using My Favorite Things Die-namics - Stitched Square STAX die set.

Do you like the papers I used? One is a scrap of lavender Core'dinations cardstock dry embossed with my Darice - Flowers and Vines Pattern folder. The pink piece is actually a repurposed scrap from a beautiful envelope that once held a store-bought card from a friend. Way too pretty to toss!! I adore the colors and the gleam of the foiling! The flowers are Prima and Petaloo.  The snippet of lace and the sparkly rhinestone are from my stash.

Hope you enjoyed this pretty birthday card. I very much appreciate your visits and your sweet comments!!! Hope you are having a lovely week.

<3
Janis


Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Pixie's Snippets Playground Week #257 - Use Snippets
2. Viva la Verve Sketch Challenge - November
3. Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper November Challenge - Anything Goes using Patterned Paper
4. Crafty Friends Challenge #45 - Use Flowers
5. Aud Sentiments Challenge #169 - Anything Goes + Sentiment
6. Mod Squad Challenge - Sparkle it Up
7. Crop Stop Linky Party #22 - Anything Goes use a brand CS carries (I used My Favorite Things dies and Distress Ink)
8. Love to Scrap Challenge #90 - Anything Goes

17 comments:

  1. This is lovely and a great use of recycled papers too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely and a great use of recycled papers too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. Thanks for sharing with us at the Mod Squad Challenge.

    Peggy T.
    DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great upcycling Janis and such a lovely card. Really pretty.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. a lovely card. Thanks for joining Aud Sentiments challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful CAS card! Thanks for joining us at Love to Scrap! Challenge Blog
    Tina dt

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks wonderful, thanks for joining us at Crafty Friends, xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card, great upcycling! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it!!!
    Thanks for joining Crafty Friends
    DT Laura

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pretty card Janis! I found myself wondering how you made the background, so I'm glad that you always explain your process...instead of leaving me puzzled! The background reminds me of eyelet lace in lots of gorgeous colors, and the subtle stamping behind your sentiment is just the perfect touch. I'll have to remember this technique when I find that a sentiment alone is just too plain.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice Janis, love using pretty things that can be up-cycled too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This has sort of a vintage feel to it. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The two shade of pink are very interesting Very nice card....Lis

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello… Thanks for sharing your card with us at Crafty Friends Challenge Blog… your card is lovely and fits perfectly with our ‘Blossoms’ challenge theme… hope you can join us for our next challenge and good luck in the draw.
    [Diane Louise, Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pink, embossing, lace and flowers... such a delightfully feminine card!!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis