I am here with a tag that I thought I was making for the Ellen Hutson Tag Challenge several weeks ago, but to my dismay I realized that I wasn't following the theme and so it didn't qualify!! Eeeeek.....how did I miss that in the challenge guidelines???? lol.... So I am finally getting around to posting it in my after-Christmas specials. :)
The cute little caroling mouse is an ancient Hero Arts stamp I found at a thrift store. The date on it says "1980"!! (Holey moley.....Even I wasn't rubber stamping clear back then!!! I didn't know ANYONE was rubber stamping back in those days!!) I picked it up some time ago and I think this is only the first or maybe second time I have used it.
I stamped the little mouse with Versafine ink in Vintage Sepia and heat embossed with clear powder. Then I colored her with watercolor pencils and my water brush and colored over the dress with my Wink of Stella pen to add some sparkle and shimmer.
TIP: The flower (which already came with the glitter on it) was a little bit too white, so I colored the petals with my Spectrum Noir EB1 marker which gave it just the right vintage tone.
Other supplies used:
Graphic 45 paper from the 12 Days of Christmas collection
My Favorite Things Die-namics - Stitched Oval STAX die set
Prima flowers that I layered
Want 2 Scrap - Adhesive Pearls in green
Frilly eyelash fiber from the thrift store for the ties
Considering I am not a tag maker, I am very pleased with how this one turned out. It helped a lot to make this one smaller than my other gargantuan-sized one!!! lol... Hope you enjoyed this one, too!
Thank you for the honor of entering this in the following challenges:
1. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Make it Sparkle
2. A2Z Scrapbooking December Challenge - Anything but a Card w/ Hero Arts for focal
3. Great Impressions December Challenge - Anything Goes
4. WOW! Embossing Powder December Challenge - Winter (must heat emboss or use one of their products)
5. Die Cut Divas December Challenge - Layers or Layer It
6. Tuesday Throwdown Challenge #323 - Anything Goes
7. HeARTful Stamping Challenge - Anything Goes
8. The Paper Girls Challenge #118 - Anything Goes
9. Go Tag Thursday Tag #28 - It's Christmas