I am here with a reminiscent card to share.......about summer days at the beach. No....not the pathetic things that Idahoans around here call "beaches", which actually are miniscule collections of sand where the Clearwater River takes a little bend! No, this card is about beaches I remember as a child where you can build sandcastles and then watch the tide wash them away and, most especially, where you can look for shells. Oh, how I miss the beach! I still love it and want to get over there sometime in 2017!! :)
WHAT INSPIRED ME:
I was inspired by this adorable magazine cover for this week's Papercrafter's Corner Magazine Monday Challenge. This challenge allows us to take any combination of elements from the cover and run with it. The parts that really got my creative juices flowing were the sweet little girl in red wearing that cute hat....and the aquarium of fish behind her.
I went to the ocean!!!
Several challenges this week are emphasizing "something new" and for this card I used several "new" things:
1. I used a newly-opened hoarded Graphic 45 collection for this card: By the Sea. What fun!!!
2. I tried out a new size of card: 5" x 7". My usual A2s are too small for G45 cards and so I usually use a square format. I ran across some stray envelopes that are for 5x7 cards and made a card for one of them! lol... Usually I make the envelope for the card, not the other way around....so that is new, too!
3. I wanted to add some "netting" to my card, but do you think I could find my cheesecloth??? NOOOO! So I had to think of something new and different. Down I went to my vet hubby's supplies and got some surgical gauze squares. I dabbed Distress Ink in Gathered Twigs on my craft mat, misted slightly, and wiped the gauze around in it. Voila!.....sea netting. :)
Other supplies used include:
Scraps from my stash of deep blue cardstock
My Favorite Things Die-namics - Stitched Square STAX die set
Hope you enjoyed this little side trip to the beach on this winter day! Thank you so much for stopping by and for leaving your encouraging comments!!
Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Papercrafter's Corner Magazine Monday Challenge - Week 167
2. Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Start Afresh (open something never before used)
3. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - New Something
4. Pixie's Snippets Playground Week 262 - Use Snippets
5. Crop Stop December Challenge - AG - use a product CS sells) (I used Distress Inks)
6. Simon Says Stamp December Work-it-Wednesday - Use a New Product (I used my Graphic 45 collection.)
7. Frilly and Funky Challenge - New Year's Inspiration (use vintage or shabby style) (I am inspired to go to the beach this year!!)
8. Word Art Wednesday Weeks 264-265 - AG with Family Friendly Sentiment
9. DL.Art January Linky Challenge
10. Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper January Challenge - Use Patterned Paper