I am here to share a card I made by experimenting around with negative die cuts. These are the leftover outside parts of the paper that remain after a shape is die cut from it. Sometimes these just get tossed, but I strategically had cut the images so I could use them. This Sizzix - TH Alterations - Bird Branch die is perfect for this because the shape leftover makes a great silhouette shaker.....or in my case this time, a non-shaker. :) You'll see what I mean.
First I took a negative in midnight blue card stock and stenciled some snowflakes over it with my Simon Says Stamp - Falling Snow stencil. I used an inexpensive white ink pad and a sponge dauber to get inside the little holes and then heat embossed with WOW! Embossing Powder - White Puff for a soft fluffy look and feel.
|You can see that I use my old JoAnn.com packing slips for scrap paper. I have a LOT of these!! lol...|
I glued a piece of acetate film to a shimmery silver negative of the die cut and then layered the blue one over that one just slightly offset to give a shiny "shadow" that is difficult to see in the photo below. Then I layered the sequined piece under the acetate window and put this on a white card base. So this gives the impression of a shaker, but all the shaker bits are glued down and enables this card to be quite thin and flat.
I finished it up with a sentiment from my Quietfire Designs - The Woods Would be Very Silent stamp set that I stamped in blue and heat embossed with clear powder. I cut it out in a curvy shape to accentuate the lovely calligraphy and mounted it on dimensional foam. I also outlined the entire card front with my silver Elmer's - Painters Marker.
Hope you enjoyed seeing my experiment. I like it a lot and I hope you do, too. Thank you for stopping by today. It is a snowy day here in Idaho. If you are experiencing wintery weather, please do not take chances on the roads......just stay home and craft!! :)
Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Cards in Envy - Snow Birds
2. Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Be Square (My card is square.)
3. The Male Room Challenge #51 - Anything Goes
4. Word Art Wednesday Weeks 264-265 - AG with Family Friendly Sentiment
5. Daisy Chain Challenge #4 - Add Some Sparkle
6. Cuttlebug Mania - Winter Wonderland - use manual die cutting machine, any mfr (I used a Big Shot.)
7. Tuesday Throwdown Challenge #325 - Snowflakes
8. Make My Monday Challenge #37 - A Winter's Walk
9. Craft Stamper January TIMI Challenge - Anything Goes (must stamp)
10. Unicorn Challenge #17 - January Blues
11. Great Impressions - January Color Challenge