I am here with another post-season make for next Christmas. I was
|Kind of blotchy, but I figured that most of that would be hidden, anyway... :)|
I gave myself a head start by using purple cardstock. You can see the plain one on the right and the sponged one on the left. I am very much a beginner in doing night sky scenes, but it was fun to give it a try!
Since I am trying to make Christmas cards ahead to use for next December, I wanted the Star of Bethlehem in the sky. I used the one from my Winnie & Walter - Our Town stamp set and heat embossed it with WOW! Embossing Powder - Opaque Bright White Regular, which is my brightest and whitest EP......LOVE! Then I grabbed my Winnie & Walter - Scenery: Big Bang Confetti stamp set and stamped some round stars. Eeek. They looked like snowflakes, instead of stars!! (groan...) What to do....what to do?
I flicked some droplets of water onto the background to make some dim, faraway stars and then tried a trick I saw Clare use on her AWESOME card over at Sutz Manchego using watered down Perfect Pearls. So I did (kind of) the same thing with some Perfect Pearls Pigment Powder in Blush mixed with water, except my droplets are pretty big and hers are gorgeously super-fine.
You can only get a slight feel for the depth and shimmer that these pearly drops added in the photo below. Do you think it still looks too much like snowflakes? It looks (slightly) more like a night sky in real life than in the photo. lol....
Other supplies used include:
Quietfire Designs - Hold on to the Spirit of Christmas
Versafine - Imperial Purple ink
Clear embossing powder from my stash
My Favorite Things Die-namics - Stitched Oval STAX die set
Distress Inks in Black Soot, Chipped Sapphire, Blueprint Sketch, Picked Raspberry, and Victorian Velvet (for distressing sentiment panel)
Silver ribbon from my stash
Hope you liked my card! It was fun to play around with sponging. I am in total awe of those card artists that can really make a fabulous sky!!! Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving your sweet comments!!
Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. MarkerPop Twinkle Twinkle Challenge #112 - Use Stars and/or Moon
2. Rudolph Days at ScrappyMo's January Challenge - Anything Goes Christmas
3. Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Spread Your Wings (Attempting a night sky is spreading my wings artistically!)
4. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
5. Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge #317 - Anything Goes Christmas w/ opt: Use a Sentiment
6. CHNC Challenge Extra January - Anything Goes Christmas
7. ABC Christmas Challenge - A is for Anything Goes or B is for .... (I chose Anything Goes.)
8. DL.Art Thankful Thursday Challenge #196 - Winter or Any Thank You
9. Penny Black and More January Challenge - Anything Goes
10. Crop Stop January Linky Party #24 - Anything Goes use prod CS sells
(I used Distress Inks, Wow! Embossing Powder, and a My Favorite Things die.)