Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Brusho and Dylusions Background - Winnie & Walter



Hi, Friends.......

I am back again with a super-fun card I made for the Winnie & Walter Color Combo Challenge for July. Take a look at the fabulous inspiration photo and color palette that Heather H. chose for this month....YUM!!
 


Oh, my.....did I ever have fun this week playing with my Brushos and Dylusions sprays!!! Yah!!! I got out a couple of sheets each of mixed media paper and watercolor paper and started sprinkling, spraying and misting. What a mess......but a fun mess!! :)

I used my colorfully dyed papers for backgrounds and for trees stamped with my new Winnie & Walter - Kindness with Evelin T Designs stamp set......which I totally LOVE so much!!! This happens to be the Rerun set this month for the W&W Rerun Challenge...and I had to get it! :) It has trees and cactuses and lots of heartfelt sentiments that you can build around the large Kindness stamp. So perfect for expressing gratitude for the kindnesses of others.


On this card, I stamped the sentiment with Versafine ink in Onyx Black using my mini-MISTI to make sure I had good coverage. I stamped and cut out the round tree from another sheet of dyed paper and attached it to my background. (I was surprised to see that an ink blotch on the upper part of the tree matched almost perfectly with a corresponding blotch on my background. I couldn't have managed to line those up better if I had designed it that way! Ha.) I flicked some Black Soot Distress Ink around for an arty look. :)
Supplies used include:
Winnie & Walter - Kindness with Evelin T Designs stamp set
Winnie & Walter - Essentials: Katharine Cutaways die set
Canson 140 lb XL Watercolor Pad Canson Mixed Media Paper Pad
Dylusions Ink Spray
Brusho
Versafine Ink - Black Onyx
Hope you enjoyed my card. I have to admit that I felt like this was a little bit of a "cheater" card because I didn't use up even a single scrap while making it! :) I do love playing with the paints and sprays, though.....so much fun!!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your sweet comments!!! I have more cards for these challenges so I hope to see you often in the next few days!

<3
Janis


Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Winnie & Walter Color Combo Challenge for July
2. Winnie & Walter Rerun #21: Kindness with Evelin T Designs
3. Word Art Wednesday Weeks 292-293 - AG Family Friendly
4. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
5. CARDZ-TV Card Crazy Crafters Anything Goes Challenge #6
6. HeARTful Stamping Challenge - Anything Goes
7. DL.Art Thankful Thursday #208 - Anything Goes

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Love the inky background! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. v pretty card :) love the organic looking background.
    cheers
    preeti

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is tremendous, Janis! The sediment and tree are bold and wonderful and the Brusho colors are amazing!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO pretty Janis. I don't have either the Brusho's or the Dylusions but I hope to get the Brusho's one day. I love the way they look, so artsy! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card...love those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always look at your cat cartoons and memes first, because they always give me a giggle! So true that cats look good great with no effort, although my son had a black, long haired cat who matted up like nobody's business and only had one eye. Still, he looked darn good even on a bad day, ha! Sigh....I am so loving the beautiful green and blue Brusho and Dylusion backgrounds and trees. There's just something about the concentric circles of the tree that make me feel relaxed and calm. Hmmm, maybe they're hypnotizing me?

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! So awesome, great background work and such a cool image. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis