Friday, July 21, 2017

Maritime Card - Graphic 45

READ some fascinating tales/tails of able sea cats HERE.
Ahoy there, Shipmate Friends (sounds the bosun's whistle)......

I am playing catch up again! Here's a card that I made for my Dad last month for Father's Day. I got it mailed off with his gift in plenty of time, but I never got it blogged because of all my other June activities. I really love how it turned out, though, so wanted to share it with you.



I have a lone 8" pad of this discontinued and VERY hard to find "By the Sea" Graphic 45 collection. Needless to say, I hoard it like crazy!! But since my Dad is an old retired Navy man, I pulled out some of the wonderful anchor paper and chose a panel from one of the cut-apart pages. Instant card. Love, love, love!!! It didn't matter that I don't have any of the extras from this collection like the awesome card stock stickers, die-cuts, pockets & tags, or chippies. Some red twine was all the embellishment it needed. Yay!!!

Hope you enjoyed my card. Hey, it's Graphic 45....how can you NOT love it, right? :) Thank you for your wonderful comments.

Oh, and I want all my Cat Lovers Hop friends to know that I am already planning this year's hop!! Yay!! I hope to have one of my son's black cats as the 2017 badge kitty....perfect for October, right? :) I just need him to get a good shot of her. Black cats are so hard to photograph well. 

So..............mark your calendars for the 2017 Cat Lovers Hop......Oct. 23-28, 2017......right here at Her Peaceful Garden. Purr...purr...purr...

<3
Janis


Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Ribbon Girls July Any Image Challenge
2. CARDZ-TV Mailbox Smiles Anything Goes Challenge #6
3. Crafty Hazelnut's July Patterned Paper Challenge
4. Word Art Wednesday Weeks 292-293 - AG Family Friendly
5. DL.Art July Linky Party
6. Unstampabelles Challenge #70 - Every Day is Special w/ Twist of Lots of Color
7. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - We're Seeing Stars
8. CARDZ-TV Card Crazy Crafters Anything Goes Challenge #6
9. Card Mania Challenge #94 - Summer Fun
10. Fairy Tale Challenge #172 - At the Coast
11. House that Stamps Built - Inspiration Palette

 



17 comments:

  1. A very appropriate card for your Dad Janis. The papers are lovely and I'm sure he was very happy to receive this lovely card from you. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card! I'm sure your dad loved it with all the beautiful maritime images. And how awesome that it came together so quick and easy. Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janis, you did an awesome job on your Dad's card. I am a Maritimer so I truly appreciate such a card. We are known for our lighthouses and fishing villages. (Nova Scotian lobsters seem to be popular far beyond the Maritimes. LOL) Totally love Graphic 45. I'll try not to miss this blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teresa.....I didn't even know your region of Canada was known as the Maritimes!! I am fascinated and had to look it up and read about it. :) Thanks for sharing!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  4. wow such an elegant card :) love the layering and color combos, very classy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card! Lovely image - you Dad must have loved it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have some of that card! A lovely set. Your Dad's card is lovely. Thanks for sharing your project with us at Unstampabelles - hope to see you back next time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card especially for a sea faring man. I'm sure your Father treasured it. Love the bright colour palette too which is a change from the traditional blue and white for maritime cards. Thank you for joining us at Unstampabelles Wynn DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't you just love Graphic 45 This is lovely ........Lis

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous Janis! I love the layout and fabulous backing paper! The little postage stamps are cute. Thank you for sharing with us at the Ribbon Girl, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
    Hugs
    Gina xx
    https://www.ribbongirl.co.uk/catalog/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, and I'm sure your father loved it! I tend to hoard thing, too 😉 Just can't help myself! Thanks for joining us at The House that Stamps Built!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just gorgeous! I hope your Dad puts it in a frame !! Thank you for joining In the Word Art Wednesday fun! Ginny M DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing your beautiful card with us at Unstampabelles.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perfect card for your dad, or for anyone, actually. Why oh why do I keep forgetting to pull out my Graphic 45 papers? Everytime I see one of your beautiful designs I vow to dig through my own Graphic 45 and put something together...but then I don't! That image is set off wonderfully with the anchor patterns for a card that makes me want to salute!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is really a little masterpice! I love the shabby stile very much. Thank you for joining us at Fairytale Challenge. xx Bianca DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful creation. Thank you so much for joining our challenge at Crafthazelnut's Patterned Paper. Hope to see you next time.
    Hugs, Iwona

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis