Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Roses Just for You - W&W Color Combo Challenge


Need one of these!!  :)

Hi, Friends......

W&W Color Combo Inspiration
I am here with the first of several cards I made for the Winnie &Walter June Color Combo Challenge.  You can see the bright and happy inspiration colors in this photo.  >>>>>>
W&W is one of my favorite stamp companies, so I'm very happy to see lots of entries this month.  There are still a few days left, so join in if you haven't yet!!


I always enjoy seeing what I can find in my UFO (unfinished objects) and scrap stash that will fit with color challenges, so that is exactly what I did for this series of cards.  I have a ton (prob literally!!!) of patterned paper and lots of scraps.....an unending supply in every imaginable color combo.  The real challenge is deciding which scraps to use!!  :)



Some of the pieces didn't completely cut through on one of my roses....because of the very old cutting pads on my Big Shot. Instead of struggling to remove them, I left those parts in place for an "arty" look. Ha! To make it look all planned this way, I left some pieces in the other rose, too. The style of the right hand rose always looks a bit bare to me in the middle, so I glued in a random scrap for a center. 
Supplies used include:
Winnie & Walter - In Bloom: Maggie's Roses Cutaways die set
Winnie & Walter - Sketchy Thoughts stamp set
Versafine - Onyx Black ink
DCWV paper for background
Doily and scraps from my stash
I have several more cards for this challenge, so I will see you soon!!!

<3
Janis


Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Winnie & Walter June Color Combo with Heather H
2. Crafty Hazelnut's July Patterned Paper Challenge
3. DL.Art July Linky Party
4. Dare2BArtzy July Challenge - Bright Colors
5. WordArt Wednesday Challenge #288-289 - Anything Goes Family Friendly
6. CardzTV Mailbox Smiles #5 - AG

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful I love your layered flowers and all the other elements
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes JULY Linky Challenge. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
    DL.ART crinkle ribbon
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
    http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had certain dies not cut cleanly too, and often like the effect of the inlaid parts...so I also leave them in. I just love that DCWV paper...and the roses with doily look wonderful with it. I hadn't realized you made so many cards that I hadn't commented on...but it looks like you had a real streak of inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out amazing - great idea for leaving part of the die in - worked out perfect. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Craftyhazelnut's Patterned paper Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another beauty! LOVE the doily! Thanks so much for playing along yet again with this month's Color Challenge at Winnie and Walter!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty card! Love the pink and yellow colors!!! Thanks for entering the D2BA Challenge! -Tasha :)

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis