Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Fall Colors


Hi, Friends.....

It's Thanksgiving card time of the year again! I find it helpful to choose a sketch to use for mass producing my Thanksgiving cards. In the past it has usually been one of Julee's at Viva la Verve Sketch challenge....and so it is again this year! :)


I was immediately attracted to this sketch because of all the delicious scraps I could use LAYERS in the design. I have an entire tub completely full of scraps that are in fall prints!!! Seriously....one of those 12x12 clear cases that is 3 inches deep...you know the ones I mean, right? Plus other miscellaneous bags of them!!! So when I see a fabulous layered sketch around Thanksgiving...I am sooooooooooo IN!!!
I use this So Grateful stamp nearly every year for many of my Thanksgiving cards.  Inside the card I stamp a scripture and Happy Thanksgiving. 

Supplies used include:
A Creative Journey with Melissa - Fall and Winter Holiday Sentiments stamp set
Versafine ink in Onyx Black
Distress Ink in Walnut Stain
Winnie & Walter - Essentials: Audrey Cutaways die set (scalloped edge panel)
DCWV scraps from stash
Core'dinations kraft cardstock
Lacy ribbon from stash
Thrift store bag of leaves :)

Hope you like my card. This was the first of my cards using this sketch, but I have made several batches of Thanksgiving cards with this sketch so far. Can somebody please explain how I have MORE autumn scraps now than when I started??!!! Eeek!! This defies all known laws of physics and mathematics. Scraps are scary!!

<3
Janis


Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Viva la Verve Sketches November Challenge
2. House That Stamps Built - DCC111 Falling For You

3. Allsorts - Colors of Autumn
4. Pixie's Snippets Playground Weeks 307-308 - Use Snippets

5. Crafty Hazelnuts Patterned Paper November Challenge - Use patterned paper
6. DL.ART November Linky Challenge
7. Get Creative Challenges #64 - Holidays
8. HeARTful Stamping Challenge - Anything Goes + a Stamp
9. The Ribbon Girls November Challenge - Card + Ribbon
10. Crafty Calendar Challenges November - Autumn colors
11.
Dare2BArtzy November Challenge - Gratitude
12. DL.ART Thankful Thursday #216- Patriotic OR any Thank You
13. Die Cut Divas November Challenge - Thankful

19 comments:

  1. That's a really glorious Autumnal leaf Janis, just perfect for our theme at Allsorts, many thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super card, Janis, all the different papers go so well together and I love the added lace. The bag of leaves look like they were a really good buy, they are so realistic!
    Visiting your blog today with my DT hat on - good luck in the Crafty Calendar Challenge this month. Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Janis - perfect leaf there too. And well done on using lots of snippets :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BTW, I almost fell off my seat laughing about your yellow attire comment! All you need is a pair of wings and a few black stripes and you'd be good to go for being a little bee :) xx

      Delete
  4. Such a wonderful autumnal card and gorgeous colours too! Thank you for sharing with us at the Ribbon Girl, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
    Hugs
    Gina xxhttps://www.ribbongirl.co.uk/catalog/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card, like how you combined so many layers and they just flow together, so glad you joined us at The House That Stamps Built! Donna (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How pretty! That sketch is perfect for using up some scraps (maybe I should give it a try!) and the scraps you have are beautiful! And I love the leaf as the main panel; so fun! As to the scraps, oh, yes, they really do multiply. Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your beautiful fall leaf card actually motivated me to make cards tonight, for the first time in weeks! I love fall colors so much but never seem to make any fall themed cards. My stash of fall papers seems really small (a term which is relative for paper hoarders like us, right?) so I may have to start haunting the sale aisles at Michaels here soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'Autumn Colours' challenge this weeks and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely autumn card, Janis! Have fun with all those scraps. :) So glad you could join us for Viva la Verve.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet card. I like the color a lot. The cat meme is funny.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Thanksgiving card! A wonderful way to use up your scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderfully warm project! Thank you for joining our Autumn challenge at Allsorts this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your big beautiful leaf, the center spot. WOW. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My scraps multiply when I'm not looking. However often I sweep them into a box, there is always another pile. I love the Autumn colours and those leaves are gorgeous. x AlisonC Snippets GD

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the sketch! Your card is beautiful and so are the papers that you used to create them. Thanks for sharing with us at DL.ART Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful! Thanks so much for participating in the Die Cut Divas Challenge this time and good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful colouring on your leaf. So realistic! Thanks for joining us at Get Creative Challenge blog and hope you have a happy holiday season. Cheers. Janelle (DT) :)

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis