I am here to share a quick and easy idea for cards I made for one part of Mrs. A's Butterfly Challenge. The theme this fortnight is Butterfly/ies + X for Xtra Fold &/or the color Peacock Green/Blue. I am participating only in the color portion of the challenge this time.
I happened upon two identical 12"X12" pieces of patterned paper in my stash that I had previously cut to size for A2 backgrounds. They were sheets actually made for scrapping rather than cardmaking because they each had this pretty butterfly/floral pattern in the corners and a big blank area in the middle for your photos and embellishments.
Being a cardmaker, I find that these "scrapping" pages can make lovely cards if you cut the decorated parts just right. In this case, I was able to use the main decorated part for the front of the cards and the less decorated (but still pretty) corners for the inside of the cards. I had enough for two identical cards!! Yay!! I am trying to do multiples of most of my cards this year!!
I gave the panels a slight vintage look with some distressing by inking around the edges. I even got a chance to use my new Sea Breeze Tonic Studios - Nuvo Crystal Drops for making a few "dew drops" on the fronts. So pretty!! (Thank you, Karen Ladd!!)
|OUTSIDE of the card........and..........INSIDE of the card|
<---Only cut the leading edge of the rectangle.
<-----Stop before you get all the way down to here.
Supplies used include:
Martha Stewart Edger Punch - Doily Lace
Winnie & Walter - Essentials: Audrey Cutaways die set
Distress Ink in Peacock Feather
Clear Dollar Stamps - Praying for You (discontinued)
Versafine ink in Vintage Sepia
Tonic Studios - Nuvo Crystal Drops in Sea Breeze
Hope you liked this idea for making quick cards from some of those large scrapbooking papers in your stash. Thank you for stopping by!!!
Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Mrs. A's Butterfly Challenge #93 - Butterfly/ies + X for Xtra Fold &/or the color Peacock Green/Blue
2. Allsorts Week #451 - Butterflies
3. Word Art Wednesday #318-319 - AG
4. HeARTful Stamping Jan 21-28 - AG + a stamp
5. CARDZ-TV Anything Goes Challenge #30
6. CARDZ-TV Anything Goes Challenge #31
7. The House that Stamps Built - DCC13 - Things with Wings
8. As You Like It - Favorite Die and Why (My fave is the large scalloped rectangle from my Winnie & Walter - Essentials: Audrey Cutaways die set because of the pretty edge for making lovely layers.)
9. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Add a Sentiment
10. Tuesday Throwdown Challenge #375 - Distressing
11. Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge - January