I am back with the "companion" card to my Baking Buddies one I posted HERE, with those fun Flappers in the Kitchen.
This time I turned them into Christmas bakers and used a different sentiment from the set. Of course, that meant I needed to turn the layer cake the one is carrying into a fruitcake, too. YUM!!....I LOVE fruitcake....esp when it is full of pecans! (Please tell me that I am not the ONLY person in the world that actually likes it!!) I used gel pens for minimal coloring on the flappers, but I still gave my fruitcake the rich hues of the season. I used scraps for all the panels on my card...YAY!!
Supplies used include:
Flapper Doodle - Flappers in the Kitchen stamp set
Versafine Ink in Onyx Black
Clear embossing powder
Lawn Fawn - Large Stitched Rectangles die set
Gel pens for coloring
Hope you enjoyed this simple layered card. Sometimes it is nice to just let the layers speak for themselves and not have too many adornments. You can achieve a clean look without it looking too plain and barren. Thank you so much for stopping by!!!
Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge #369 - AG Christmas + opt. Use a Sentiment
2. Fashionable Stamping Challenge #131 - Anything Goes
3. Word Art Wednesday #318-319 - AG
4. CARDZ-TV Anything Goes Challenge #31
5. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Add a Sentiment
6. Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge - January
7. Joy Clair Dec/Jan Challenge - Anything Goes (can use inspiration board)