Monday, August 27, 2018

Sparkly Happy Birthday

Oh, lol.....TOO close to home!!!  "Life in an Aspy house!" is all I can say.  <3 <3 <3  (Google that phrase, if you don't know what I am talking about, and you will pull up my blog post!  Ha.)

Hi, Friends.....

I am here with a pretty floral card I made with some new stamps a friend gave me. I don't have the matching dies, so I left all the flowers in one piece and used it as a background stamp.

I am entering this card in the Winnie & Walter August Color Combo Challenge - Any Palette Goes. Here is the beautiful palette I used for my card colors:


I used one of my leftover Easter egg dye backgrounds in blue and pink then stamped and colored over the top of it. Finished off with Wink of Stella for non-stop sparkle!!   LOVE!!

I am also entering this card in Power Poppy Creative Confetti Challenge - Use your birthstone color for a card. My BD is in February and my birthstone is an amethyst. So I used purples in my card....which I adore!!!


Supplies used include:
Heartfelt Creations - Sun Kissed Fleur stamp set
Tsukineko - Memento Ink in London Fog
Winnie & Walter - Essentials: Audrey Cutaways die set (has scallops)
Winnie & Walter - Essentials: Katharine Cutaways die set
Spectrum Noir markers
Chameleon - Color Tops
Wink of Stella pen
Glitter from stash
Canson - Mixed Media Paper Spiral Bound Notebook
Winnie & Walter - Scenery: Bigger Bang Confetti stamp set (limited edition, no longer available)
Winnie & Walter - In a Word: Happy stamp set
Versamark ink
WOW! Embossing Powder - Opaque Bright White Regular
Core'dinations cardstock for card base

Hope you enjoyed my card. It was fun to color the flowers using my Chameleon Color Tops. I had experimented around with them but this is my first card using them. I am still getting the hang of the technique. Thank you so much for stopping by today!!!

<3
Janis



Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Power Poppy Creative Confetti - Use your birthstone as inspiration (Mine is the lovely purple amethyst.)
2. Winnie & Walter August Color Combo Challenge - Any Palette Goes
3. CARDZ-TV Anything Goes Challenge #62
4. The House That Stamps Built - A818 Tic Tac Toe (I chose Friendship, Watercolors, and Bright Colors.)
5. The House that Stamps Built - A2218 Anything Goes
6. Joy Clair August Challenge - Anything Goes
7. Artistic Stamper August Challenge - Anything Goes with Stamping
8. Word Art Wednesday Week #348-349 - Anything Goes
9. Penny Black and More August Challenge - Begins with a "B" (I chose Blossoms, Blues, and Birthday)
10. Three Amigos Blog Hop Challenge #17 - Blast from the Past (play any of their 2018 challenges) (I chose Challenge #14 May Flowers)
11. Craft Stamper TIMI August Challenge - Anything Goes with Stamping
12. The Cat's Pajamas Challenge #349 - Birthday
13. Double Trouble Challenge #8 - Summer Happy BD I'm also participating in Thing 2 (Pause, Dream, Enjoy Challenge) and Thing 3 (Add Sparkle)
14. Pause, Dream, Enjoy - Summer Birthday Party
15. Time Out Challenge #116 - Bright
16. HeARTful Stamping - Anything Goes + a Stamp

17 comments:

  1. A really beautiful floral creation and touches of glitter really bring the blooms to lift, many thanks for joining in with our 'I Spy' theme at Penny Black and More challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks lovely ..... the added sparkle looks fab! Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just so pretty and all the lovely glitter too - fab. Thanks so much for sharing with us at PB & More.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful sparkly birthday card...you certainly made our Twisted Sister very happy with all this glitter. Thank you for sharing with us at Double Trouble and please come back if you want to share other birthday cards and don't forget the next Monday come back and see what Trouble Maker, Twisted Sister and Double Dare are challenging you and who we will be teaming up with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning Janis! Such gorgeous colours and lots of sparkle!
    Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, like all the sparkle and cheery colors. So glad you join us at The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really pretty card. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is absolutely beautiful Janis. Stunning colors and loving the sparkles!
    Thank you so much for joining us this month at Penny Black and More challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great colours and a beautiful card! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the sparkles! Lovely design and beautiful colors. Twisted Sister will love this card! Thank you for joining us at the Double Trouble Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful!! I love all that fabulous sparkle!! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card -- I love all the sparkle! Thanks so much for playing along in the Anything Goes challenge over at The House That Stamps Built!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, so pretty! Thanks so much for playing with us at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges. Hope to see you again soon :)

    michelle (PDE DT)
    Purple Monkey Moments

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Word Art Wednesday. I would like to share with you God's Word in John 8:12 which says, "When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” God's Word is timely and timeless. Have a blessed weekend!

    JO ANN
    https://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis