I'm here with a card for the new theme over at Jo's Christmas Kickstart Challenge #5: Have a Very Bear-y Christmas. This was quite a challenge for me because I have very few bears in my Christmas stash. I have mentioned before that I have made it a personal challenge to use long-neglected stamps for Jo's themes.
The only bears I could find in my holiday collection were some small stamps, including one or two from an ancient foam-mount All Night Media - Christmas stamp set that my daughter found at a thrift store for me some time back. I thought one in particular would be cute for stamping a background, along with a candy cane from the same set. I rarely stamp my own backgrounds, so "bear" with me on this one!! :)
As you can see from the photo below, the bear I chose was actually a To and From stamp.
I masked off the words from the bear before inking each time......and removed the washi tape masks before stamping. I thought I might have to get fresh washi for the masks, but they lasted for the duration of stamping this card. Yay!
Winnie & Walter has an Altering Stamps by Masking Challenge going right now as part of their 5th Birthday Bash, so I will be entering this card in that challenge.
The words that I masked were very close to the image on the stamp, so I used my fingernail to tuck the washi in between them. Now I have black fingertips. (Photo not included...Ha.)
Supplies used include:
Very ancient All Night Media - Christmas stamp set (bear and candy cane)
Distress Markers for watercoloring
Tsukineko - Memento Ink in Tuxedo Black
Ranger - Archival Ink (Wendy Vecchi Designer Series) in Carnation Red
Winnie & Walter - Comfort + Joy stamp set (star)
Embossing Powder - Gold
Winnie & Walter - Essentials: Audrey Cutaways die set
Winnie & Walter - Essentials: Katharine Cutaways die set
Candy Cane Wishes stamp unkn mfr from stash
Versafine ink in Satin Red
Sparkle Embossing Powder
Hope you enjoyed this sweet Christmas card. Thank you to Jo at Christmas Kickstart for fab themes that challenge me to dig deep in my stash for old stamps to ink up. It is fun to figure out creative ways to use them!!
Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Christmas Kickstart Challenge #5: Have a Very Bear-y Christmas
2. Winnie & Walter - Altering Stamps by Masking Challenge
3. Winnie & Walter 5th Birthday Bash - Layering Die Cuts Challenge (I layered two die cuts for my background)
4. Winnie & Walter 5th Birthday Bash - 5 Challenge (my card has 5 layers: card base + two background layers + two sentiment panel layers)
5. Winnie & Walter 5th Birthday Bash - 3+ Stamp Set Challenge (I used W&W + All Night Media + Unkn mfr sentiment stamp)
6. Rudolph Days at Scrappy Mo's February Challenge
7. ABC Christmas Challenge C is for Candy
8. Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge #426 - AG Christmas opt Use some gold