Friday, February 22, 2019

Set of Masculine Graduation Cards - W&W


Hi, Friends......

I am here with a set of masculine Congrats cards. I get orders for graduation cards in the spring, so I thought I would make several of these to have on hand for people to select if they don't need a customized one. I think these will work perfect for teen guys.

Winnie & Walter is celebrating this month with a big 5th Birthday Bash and one of their challenges is Layering Die Cuts. Shay's immensely popular In a Word Series is just perfect for layering and I often do a "shadow" effect by off-setting the cuts slightly when I layer them. That's what I have done for each of these cards. (I have some tips on doing this at the bottom of the post.)

Here's my set...............


The tags are cut from the "middles" of layered black backgrounds.  YAY!
  And here's a close-up of one of them..........


Supplies used include:
Winnie & Walter - In a Word: Congrats Cutaway die
Tombow Multi Mono Glue
Winnie & Walter - Essentials: Katharine Cutaways die set (for tag)
Darice - Checkered Embossing Folder (retired)
DCWV patterned paper
Quick Quotes - Copper Brads
Scraps of solid and glitter cardstock from stash
Ribbon from Stash
  
Here are a few tips on layering die cuts:


I find that sometimes my die cuts get a little skewed out of shape when I remove them from the die or during storage. I made a scrap template for my words so I can easily straighten them out.







The template also helps when I am layering them. I put my bottom layer word in the template and dot glue in the appropriate places. I use an old globby bottle of Tombow Multi Mono glue. The globbiness is an advantage when adhering the die cuts together....no gloozing! (That's glue oozing! lol....) I use my globby glue for all my die cuts with narrow sections.




For a shadow effect, I offset my top layer word over the top of the bottom layer while still in the template.  Since the the top layer overhangs the template slightly, just pop it out from the bottom upwards.  It is aligned perfectly and ready to apply to your card.



Hope you enjoyed seeing my cards. Thank you for stopping by!!


Janis


Thank you for the honor of entering this set of cards in the following challenges:
1. Winnie & Walter 5th Birthday Bash - Layering Die Cuts Challenge
2. Winnie & Walter 5th Birthday Bash - 5 Challenge (my card has 5 layers: card base, background, tag, two layers on Congrats)
3. Winnie & Walter 5th Birthday Bash - Card Set Challenge
4. Simon Says Stamp - No Stamps Allowed
5. Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper February Challenge
6. Word-Art Wednesday Week #374-375 - AG
7. Unstampabelles Challenge #86 - Bright and Cheerful (I think the glittery cardstock makes it bright AND cheerful....and the patterned paper is rather arty.)
8. CARDZ-TV Anything Goes Challenge #83
9. DL.ART February Linky Challenge - AG
10. Cards Und More Challenge #33 - AG Someone Special

11. Pixie's Snippets Playground Challenge #346 - Use Snippets

16 comments:

  1. I like these, Janis. And thanks for the advice about using old glue and template when layering die cuts. I had a die cut layering misadventure this morning so will try your tips and tricks next time, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great set of congratulation cards, Janis. Thanks for the tip about straightening die cut sentiments. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fantastic Janis for young male grads, I love them. Thanks for the great tips as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous graduation cards cards and great shadow effects!! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha... gloozing!! Love it!! : ) Loving that checkered embossed tag for showing off your shadow layered sentiments!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, I love the look of those layered sentiments and will definitely have to give this a try. I recently got a large word die by W&W that would work well with this technique. Those bold tags and the DCWV papers are perfect for young grads.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards. Thanks so much for playing with us at Unstampabelles

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are just fabulous Janis! So perfect for male graduates as well. The rich blue is wonderful combined with the orangy gold and black. Great tips on layering die cut words as well!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This look great, Janis! Graduation time will be here before you know it! Just popping in to make sure you saw that you won over at Bunny's Cards:

    https://bunnyscards1.blogspot.com/2019/02/hmfmc-285.html

    This might be old news as I haven't been blogging for awhile. I don't know what you won, or what the contest was, but CONGRATS and enjoy!!!! I didn't want you to miss out...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, these are fab. I love the guitars and the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow what a great project. Thanks for playing at Cards und More - DT Janine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Still giggling over the cartoon.....so true! Love your cards and they are certainly bright and cheerful! Thank you for sharing this wonderful piece with us at Unstampabelles for our first challenge in 2019.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful cards. So blessed that you joined our Challenge at Word Art Wednesday and would like to invite you again to link with us at the new challenge that started today. Leaving you with God's Word in 1 John 2:15-17 which says, "Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride in possessions—is not from the Father but is from the world. And the world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever." Have a blessed and wonderful week.

    JO ANN
    https://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great masculine design and thanks for the tip and the new craft word--gloozing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such great congrats cards. Thanks for sharing with us at Unstampabelles.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis