I am here with another Christmas in July card to share. This one ended up with kind of grunge feel. It's a different look.....but I like it. You, my cardmaking pals, can perhaps appreciate the techniques, if not the style. :)
I played around with double-embossing on colored cardstock. This background is dry embossed on red and then heat embossed with a warm-tone silver for an antique metallic look.
To add to the grungy look, I used the same embossing powder on black for the sentiment. The contrast isn't as great as I would have liked. But it is still readable, so I guess it is okay.
I wanted to do something a little extra with the sentiment banner, so I put a square of foam underneath the center and the ends and liquid glue in between them to give a slightly scrolled look. You can see the curves in the angled shot below. It's subtle, but the foam will help keep that strip from crushing when it goes through the mail.
I finished it off with some rhinestones and silver photo corners. The corners are a favorite accent of mine when I want something that's not too flashy. They are inexpensive and make a card look tailored and finished. They work especially well on masculine cards or cards with a busy double-embossed background. I keep an assortment of all the colors on hand.
Supplies used include:
Winnie & Walter - Essentials: Katharine Cutaways die set
Darice - Christmas Tree embossing folder
Warm silver embossing powder
My Mind's Eye - All is Bright stamp set (retired)
Scrapbook-Adhesives - Photo Corners
Hope you enjoyed seeing my card. Thanks so much for stopping by today!!!
Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Make Your Own Background
2. Papercraft Challenge #41 - Sparkles
3. Word Art Wednesday Weeks #396-#397 - Anything Goes
4. Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge #447 - AG Christmas
5. Virginia Lu's July Show & Share
6. TCP Tuesday Challenge #359 - Christmas in July
7. Cards und More Shop Challenge #38 - AG Christmas
8. Crimbo Crackers Challenge #189 - AG Christmas
9. CARDZ-TV Anything Goes Challenge #94
10. Die-Cut Divas - AG
11. Paperbabe Stamps Challenge #98 - AG
12. Visions of Sugarplums Challenge - AG Christmas
13. Mod Squad - Christmas in July
14. Stamplorations Summer Theme and Sketch Challenge - Stamps + AG