Tuesday, July 16, 2019

No Peeking #1



Hi, Friends....

I am here with a card for the N is for No Peeking part of the ABC Christmas Challenge. I had this ancient piece of DCWV patterned paper with stacks of gifts and thought that theme sentiment would be perfect for it. Problem was that this is a long-format card and the only No Peeking sentiment stamp I have is a tiny one. Definitely would have gotten lost in the busy-ness of the fun background.

So I pulled out some Hero Arts letter stamps to make my own No Peeking sentiment. Is it just me.....or is it maddeningly impossible to get individual letter stamps to line up nicely? lol... No amount of effort managed to get my two 'E's square with each other. 


So....what to do????? Embrace the misalignment, and go with wonky!! Ha. I skewed my letter strips on the blue matting and angled them on my card so everything would trick the eyes into just thinking "wonky" and not "incompetent bungler"!! :)
My sentiment strips are flecked pieces of cardstock.....too bad the flecks look like stamping smears!!!  Hahaha...that's just in keeping with how this supposed-to-be-VERY-simple card went!!

Supplies used include:
Hero Arts - Kelly's Shadow Letters stamp set (retired)
Versafine ink in Crimson Red
DCWV patterned paper
Snowflake sequins and rhinestones from stash
Core'dinations/Darice cardstock for card base

Thank you for stopping by today.  I have another entry for the No Peeking challenge, so I will back later.  Hope you are having a nice summer.......or refreshing winter for my friends at the bottom of the world!! :)

🖤
Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. ABC Christmas Challenge - N is for No Peeking
2. Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge #446 - AG Christmas
3. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Add a Number
4. TCP Tuesday Challenge #359 - Christmas in July
5. A Blog Named Hero - Christmas in July

9 comments:

  1. So cute and wonky letters are good! Did you see you won a $5 gift certificate on Stamplorations?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I did. Thank you for mentioning it to me, though, because it was only today that I emailed Shery.
      Thank you for your kind comment on my wonky letters! :)

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  2. You always have a lot of solutions! :) The wonky letters look just perfect, brilliant card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful Christmas card, I like the wonky letters. Thanks for joining us at the CHNC Christmas Weekly this week for our Anything Goes, optional "Use some Red" Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, look at you stamping out your own sentiment! I have a few alphabet stamp sets and it looks like I need to brush them off and start putting them to use. My first alphabet sets were wood mounted, which means that it's impossible to line them up straight. So I always stamped them on cardstock, then cut them into shapes (squares, rectangles, circles etc). That way the wonky arrangements looked purposeful...problem solved! Love that cute gift patterned paper and the playful look of your sentiment strips.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Christmas kitty posters are making me snort with laughter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonky is the beat way to go in my book and it really adds some quirkiness to your fun and festive card!
    Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Christmas Challenges.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing your 'No Peeking' card with us at ABC Christmas Challenge, and we hope to see you again in August!
    Dorte x

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis