Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Baby Girl with Flowers



Hi, Friends.......

Whew....things have been busy around here! Lots of activities, scurrying around tending my garden and taking care of the produce, and our granddaughter has been here several times, including overnight, too. 


No blogging has happened, but I do have several cards in queue to catch up with. I am also getting ready for the 2019 Cat Lovers Hop coming up October 21-26 right here on my blog. It's our 5th Hop and will be so much fun!!!

I have been in baby card mode because of that 3 Baby Sprinkle at church recently....so while my supplies were still out I made a few more to keep on hand. I had this scrap of Baby Girl paper in my box that I wanted to use, but it needed something added. I simply dressed it up with a bunch of pretty daisies layered with a few pink flowers that my crafty pal, Karen Ladd, sent me a long time ago. THANKS, Karen!! (I wonder if she even remembers these!! lol...) I love the delicate pastels......so sweet. Awwwww.......



Supplies used include:
Winnie & Walter - Essentials: Audrey Cutaways die set
Petaloo flowers
Pink flowers from Karen Ladd
Scrap of ancient DCWV paper
Core'dinations/Darice Cardstock

Hope you like this super-easy but pretty card. Adding a mass of flowers can be a great way to use some of those odd pieces of patterned paper in your stash for quick cards!

🖤
Janis


Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Pixie's Snippets Playground Challenge #359 - Use Snippets
2. Word Art Wednesday Challenge Weeks #400-401- AG
3. CARDZ-TV Anything Goes Challenge #96
4. DL.ARTAugust Linky Challenge - AG
5. Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper August Challenge
6. Cut it Up Challenge #180 - Focus on Sentiments
7. Allsorts Challenge Weeks #532-533 - Sun, Moon, Stars or Baby
8. Double Trouble Challenge #36 - Thing One - Round and Round (I used round flowers with round rhinestone centers.)

14 comments:

  1. Awww.... it's a so sweet card!!!
    The photo with that baby eating the kitty is very spooky! :O
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Hope things improved for the kitten in the baby's mouth! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very different baby card and some lovely flowers. Thank you for joining our Sun,Moon, Stars or Baby challenge at Allsorts.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That card sure packs a punch! I love all those pretty flowers and the color combo is just gorgeous.

    Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up for our Focus on Sentiments challenge!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty with the pink flowers. Hugs MrsA.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty and pink...adorable baby card. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble. Please come back and try using our Twisted Sister's optional twist and join in our partner's TicTacToe challenge too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful card for a baby girl. Love all the pretty flowers! Thank you so much for joining in at Allsorts challenge!
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet baby card design with the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!! I can't believe this was a scrap of DCWV paper. It made the perfect baby girl card base...and adding that burst of flowers gives it a whole new look. How in the world do you remember where you got those flowers (and any of your embellishments) anyway? I try to label things that I receive from crafty pals but most gets tucked away in my stash and their origins remain a mystery. Not sure if I remember those exact flowers, but I know I always think of pink when I think of you! They look wonderful on this card with the cute white daisies so I'm glad they ended up at your house!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pretty card for a baby girl Janis. Sometimes embellishments can sit about in the craft room for ages until the exact right moment comes up! Felt very sorry for that poor kitty - but I'm assuming a human with more experience than that little girl extricated them both from disaster!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful card. Thank you for blessing us with your entry to our challenge at Word Art Wednesday. Leaving you with God's Word in 1 John 3:1 that says, "See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are. The reason why the world does not know us is that it did not know him." Have a blessing filled day.

    JO ANN
    https://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely card perfect for the challenge. Thanks for joining us at Allsorts.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a pretty card Janis - I adore all those lovely flowers and how you used them.It's so right for a baby girl!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis