Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Tis the Season to be Jolly


Hi, Friends......

Here is another set of cards I made with that same MFT Sketch as I used in all my last five blog posts! I didn't get this set made in time to add them to that Sketch challenge link up, but I was mostly wanting to make a few more cards to have for sending out. There are other Christmas challenges I will get these into. :)

This turned out to be a fabulous sketch for me because I have a ton of 3-1/2" wide strips of patterned paper and cardstock in my stash. I was able to use this particular strip with snow-covered trees (of which I had three!) to make two different designs of cards. Yay! Six more cards ready to send!!



Here's another part of the strip of snowy trees on a different background. I think it gives quite a different look in the paler tones than the other darker one. Which do you like better? I like this second one better....looks snowier and colder. Brrr! 

Fortunately, we don't have any snow at the moment. That could change in the next few days, though. We have had several snowy spells already, but it all went away.



Supplies used include:
Kaisercraft - CS339 Mix & Match Sentiments stamp set
Versafine ink in Majestic Blue
DCWV scraps from stash
Distress Ink for paper edges
Snowflakes from an old SSS Card Kit

Thank you so much for stopping by today! I bet you are all as busy with Christmas prep as I am. But I have you beat on being behind because I still need to get most of my cards sent out! EEEK!

🖤
Janis


Thank you for the honor of entering these cards in the following challenges:
1. Word Art Wednesday Challenge #416-417 - AG
2. CARDZ-TV Anything Goes Challenge #104
3. Tuesday Throwdown Challenge #446 - AG
4. Through The Craft Room Door - AG
5. Crafty Hazelnut's December Patterned Paper Challenge
6. Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge #467 - AG Christmas
7. DL.ART December Linky Party - AG

8. Dare2BArtzy December Challenge - Holiday Fun
9. Kat Scrappiness December Challenge - Any December Holiday  
10. STAMPlorations December Theme and Photo Prompt Challenge  - Stamps + Holidays (Use photo and/or theme)

10 comments:

  1. Great way to use your snippets!! The sketch seems really useful and versatile! I love both the looks, lilac and white are so beautiful for a wintery feel and can't choose a favourite!
    Thanks so much for your kind card with Christmas wishes, I received it yesterday and it's a lovely surprise! :D Adorable and warm! :)
    Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous card Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge atThrough The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge. Good luck Ginny
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Variety they say is the spice These are lovely so much variety ......................Lis

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely way to use that pretty paper, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge. Hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty cards. I think I like the top one best. I am happy to say we don't have snow where I live in Spain, but it looks lovely on the distant mountains! Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards and great layout -tbh I prefer the first darker one just to be different lol
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card! Thank u so much for playing with us at STAMPlorations this month! Do join us again! :)

    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute. I like this row of trees.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis