Thursday, January 2, 2020

Snow Kissed Owl


Hi, Friends.....

While I still had my Echo Park-Winter Wishes collection out, I decided to make another card with some of the fun stickers. This time I used this week's MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge for inspiration.


I did a mirror-image flip of the sketch and added a fun wintry owl sticker from the collection.

I added extra sparkle to the patterned paper background and sentiment panels with a silver sparkle pen. You can see the effect better in this angled shot.

Supplies used include:
Echo Park - Winter Wishes collection
Sakura Silver Sparkle Gel Pen
Winnie & Walter - Essentials: Katharine Cutaways die set
Darice/Core'dinations solid cardstock
Distress Ink for edges of panels

Hope you liked this fun and sweet little card. This year I am focusing on making multiples of my cards to try to use up some of my endless supply of papers and odds and ends. If I can't make two similar cards, I will try to make at least one additional card from any collections I get out to use. What crafty goals are you trying to implement this year?

Thank you, as always, for stopping by. I very much appreciate the time you spend visiting and commenting! It means a lot to me.

🖤
Janis



Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge #470
2. Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper January Challenge
3. ABC Christmas - A is for Anything Goes PLUS B is for Bingo (I used Patterned Paper, Lots of Layers, Die Cut.)
4. Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge #470
5. Word Art Wednesday Weeks #420-421 - AG
6. Double Trouble Challenge #46 - Thing 1: AnyTHING Goes 

7. Creative Inspirations January Challenge - Something New or Something Old
 (I used my Echo Park-Winter Wishes collection which is long-retired and has been in my stash for a number of years!) 
8. Cupcake Inspirations Challenge #485 - Holidays

12 comments:

  1. That EP collection has the cutest stickers and papers! What a great way to use the coordinated papers and embellishments, and something I need to start doing as well. The kitty and owl photos at the top are making me want to reach through the screen and tickle those soft feathers and pink kitten toes...oh my goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I have set myself similar "using up stuff" goals many times - yet my craft stash just keeps on growing! This is beautiful, the owl and papers work brilliantly with that sketch. Looks like a useful sketch, one ot jot down for future use I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet card! Love the colours and papers and how you used the sketch, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm absolutely delighted by the pics with the kitty and the little owl, how SWEET!!!! :)
    Your card looks so lovely, great mix of papers and bits&bobs! The cute sticker is adorable!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet card and I have the same crafty goal for the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I love the inspiration photos. How wonderful that the two babies in the photos are able to cuddle together. Your card is a wonderful blend of elements, Janis. Thank you for playing along with us at Double Trouble #46.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful owl card. I can see the extra glitter. It looks very sparkly. My resolution is to not just watch the You Tube videos but actually try the techniques being shown. Have started off with my first Christmas card of the year . Wishing you a Happy and Crafty New Year. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card,Janis, and such sweet photos of the owl and kitten!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like your focus on creating more than one card so that they are all done by the time Christmas comes around...I've tried this too but this last year not too successful. Your card is cute and love all the sparkle you gave it. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and Cupcake Inspirations.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great creation. Thanks for joining us at Creative inspirations.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely EP papers you have used for this wonderful Christmas card. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at ABC Christmas Challenge. Hope we see you back again next month!!
    Dorte x

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis