Friday, March 20, 2020

He Cares About You - Sympathy



Hi, Friends......

WOW....Have I not posted ANYTHING in March????? I had no idea. Sorry for the long time between posts. (I've encountered some speed bumps lately, including a dental emergency that required travel out of state to take care of.....UGH!! I think the tooth is all good now, though, so it was worth it!) With everything going on here and in the world, my crafting mojo has taken a nosedive. So I am sharing a very simple card that has been in my drafts file for a little while. Maybe this will jumpstart me to get going on something.

I love patterned paper pads, but find that I often am left with some very large patterns that don't get used right away. So I am trying to get some of those out and use them as backgrounds with a simple stamped sentiment. I love the serene colors of this piece that I teamed up with a comforting scripture.  I made this specifically as a sympathy card, but I think the verse is appropriate for everything our world is facing right now. I used scraps for the sentiment panel and matting. Yay!


Supplies used include:
Dare 2B Artzy - Prayers 4 You stamp set
Winnie & Walter - Essentials: Katharine Cutaways die set (retired)
My Favorite Things Die-namics - Stitched Square STAX die set
Versafine ink in Vintage Sepia
Distress ink in Walnut Stain for edges
Scraps from stash for sentiment panel and mat
DCWV patterned paper background

Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you and yours are faring well during this unusual time. At least we crafters know how to entertain ourselves at home! (I, for one, am in no danger of running low on crafting supplies. What about you? lol...) Take care, stay healthy, and craft on!!!

🖤
Janis


Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Pixie's Snippets Playground Challenge #373 - Use Snippets
2. Word Art Wednesday Weeks #430-#431 - AG
3. Crafty Hazelnut's March Patterned Paper Challenge
4. CARDZ-TV Challenge #110 - AG
5. DL.ART March Linky Party - AG
6. The Creative Crafters Challenge #26 - AG
7. Dare2BArtzy March Challenge - AG

10 comments:

  1. I'll be back to comment on your entry Janais but wanted to let you know that of course you're fine to add this card into the playground and will be in the draw. Much love, Di xxe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are OK. Mojo goes missing at the most inconvenient times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That IS a lovely card Janis and VERY appropriate, especially right now for everyone.
    My crafting has taken a nosedive too! I hope your tooth doesn’t give you any more trouble, so you can stay home and stay safe! (HUGS)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card and great way to use up the large patterns on paper. Glad you are ok--I was wondering since you haven't been posting. No chance here of running out of craft supplies either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am just needing too many sympathy cards lately This one is very peaceful ..........Lis

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me again, finally! I love your card - and what a great way to use up those huge patterned papers. I have a pad or three of those and you gave me inspiration! Thank you!

    Hugs

    Stay safe my friend

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful sympathy card and love the B.paper
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super card, Janis and a great way of using up those papers with large patterns. We could be in lockdown for years and as long as I had more double-sided tape and glue I wouldn't run out of craft supplies! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Janis. Are you ok. Saw on my reading list a post not gone live so just checking in on you. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis