Monday, May 18, 2020

I Will Bless the Lord....


Hi, Friends......

Yes, I am still around.....just haven't been blogging much. But I *have* been playing with purple patterned paper lately. (Say that 5 times fast!!!)  For spring, I love yellow paired with purple.  It reminds me of crocuses....some of my favorite flowers.  






I made a pair of spring cards with the current Wednesday Sketch from MFT.









I didn't want to cover up the pretty background with this STAMPlorations scripture, so I stamped and heat embossed it on vellum.


A long time ago, a friend gave me eight or so decorative envelopes that are somewhat larger than the usual A2 size. I kept thinking I should make some cards with the appropriate dimensions to use these envelopes. 

Since I was in a purple mood, I cut papers the right size and made cards that coordinate with them. I used ivory embossing powder on this one. Which do you like better?



































Supplies used include:
STAMPlorations - Bless the Lord - Typografia in Faith
Versamark Ink
Embossing powder from stash - ivory and yellow sparkle
DCWV scraps
Vellum
Prima flowers
Petaloo flowers
Ribbon, Brads, and Adhesive Pearls from stash

Thank you so much for stopping by today. Hope you are staying well. We are getting a lot of rain here, so my garden is awfully wet. How is weather where you are?

🖤
Janis


Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge #489

2. Pixie's Snippets Playground Challenge #378 - Use Snippets
3. Papercraft Challenges #58 - Spring
4. DL.ART May Linky Challenge
5. Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper May Challenge
6. STAMPlorations Never-Ending Anything Goes Challenge











7. STAMPlorations Spring Fling Linky Party - Spring (plus I used a STAMPlorations stamp)

 

7 comments:

  1. Pretty cards for these envelopes. I like the ivory embossing powder. We are very wet here too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are both pretty and the flowers match. Love that you made them to fit envelopes. We have no rain at the mo just heat...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's hot and dry here in England! LOVE your cards, both are wonderful and a real splash of Spring, as well as hope. I think perhaps the ivory embossing wins, by a gnats whisker, between the two cards :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely take on the sketch The colors are beautiful and the theme is perfect;...............Lis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely colour combo.
    Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts patterned paper challenge.
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine x DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this colorcombo
    Thank you for sharing your lovely card at our Spring challenge.

    -xiss- Renate
    (DT Papercraft Challenges)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey there!
    Thanks so much for joining our Papercraft-Challenge, make sure to come back soon and play along with our new challenge aswell =)
    I’d be super excited if you come say hi on my blog aswell!
    little-crafts.com
    Hugs, Lia

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis