Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Snowman Quilt Card - June Rudolph Days


Hi, Friends......

It's Rudolph Days time again over at Scrappy Mo's and (as usual) I am squeaking in on the last day! :) I am also making an entry in Jo's Christmas Kickstart Tag-Along Challenge with this card. There's still nearly a week to go on that one, so you still have time to make a card and have a chance at a cool prize! Yay!

I also am entering this card in the As You Like It - Digi or Rubber and Why Challenge where they ask us which form of stamp we prefer. I, again, vote for rubber. This time it is for a different reason. I keep all my scraps of paper and cardstock and when I want to stamp a little sentiment....as I did on this card....I love being able to snag the right size piece out of my scrap bag and make a little sentiment panel. It's hard to print out digis on scraps!

Are you like I am with loads of 12 x12 patterned paper....some with quite large prints? I am always trying to think of ways to use those oversized, but adorable images. This week I got out my Gina Marie quilt die to see if I could make a picture quilt by doing some inlaid die cutting. 


I am still experimenting, but this was my first attempt. What do you think? Does the white "framework" between the pieces break up the design too much? I tried a darker solid, but that didn't look too great. Hmmmm.... I have another one I made, too, that I will post later. But I am interested in your opinions and suggestions.


Supplies used include:
Gina Marie Designs - Stitched Quilt #3 Block Die - Flower Burst
Winnie & Walter - Essentials: Katharine Cutaways die set - retired
The Cat's Pajamas - Fairy Christmas stamp set
Versafine ink in Majestic Blue
DCWV Patterned Paper and Solid Cardstock
Bit of silver twine from stash
Dollar store Foam Snowflakes (still trying to use these crazy things up....some of them have 7 points!!)

Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you all are doing well. We are getting rain....again!! Fortunately, though, the farmers up here had enough time to get their hay cut, dried, and safely put up in bales a few days ago. We don't farm, but a lot of our neighbors do and they depend on that hay for feeding their cattle.


Janis


Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. June Rudolph Days Challenge
2. Christmas Kickstart Challenge #32 - Care to Tag Along?
3. Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge #496 - AG Christmas
4. Get Crackin' on Christmas June Challenge - AG Christmas
5. Papercraft Challenge #59 - Geometric
6. All Sorts Week #578 - So Cute
7. TCP Tuesday Challenge #369 - Patterned Paper
8.
As You Like It - Digi or Rubber and Why
Save

11 comments:

  1. Just look at that cat! So happy to see you playing along again, Janis. I love your tag card - what a lovely way to use that die. I think any wider would have broken-up the picture too much but this looks fine. Thanks for playing along with Tracey and me for this challenge at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo what a fabby design & I'm loving the white too, thanks for joining us at June's Rudolph Days Challenge,

    Luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  3. As much as I done enjoy Christmas in July I could do with a bit of cooling . The card white and blue does say cool...........Lis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear your farmer neighbours got their hay in. My Dad used to eel like he invited rain just be cutting the hay!!!


    Your quilt card looks great. Yours is the second quilt card this month. I think I should drag out my unused quilt die and get to work doing the same! You have inspired me.

    Thanks for taking part in the June Rudolph Days Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, Janis. I love the idea with the frame. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. xx Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous card

    Thanks for joining our challenge at As You Like It this time
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful Christmas card. Thanks for joining us at the CHNC Christmas Weekly this week for our "Anything Goes, optional " Use a Snowflake" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful Christmas card. Thanks for joining us at the CHNC Christmas Weekly this week for our "Anything Goes, optional " Use a Snowflake" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. you are getting so many holiday cards done!! love that you are get cracking!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey there!
    Thanks so much for joining our Papercraft-Challenge, make sure to come back soon and play along with our new challenge aswell =)
    I’d be super excited if you come say hi on my blog aswell!
    little-crafts.com
    Hugs, Lia

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis